Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Touchdown"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A touchdown is analogous to a try in rugby with the major difference being that a try requires the player to place the ball on the ground.
- A touchdown is scored when a player runs the ball into or catches a pass in his opponent's end zone.
- A touchdown (TD) is worth 6 points.
- The touchdown was changed to 6 points in 1912.
- After a touchdown, the scoring team attempts a conversion (which is also analogous to the conversion in rugby).
- A solid-fuel braking rocket was also added to the space capsule's parachute lines to provide for a softer landing at touchdown.
- The Broncos defense started off the first five games of the season allowing only one touchdown, an NFL record, but struggled down the season stretch.
- Finally it reached the end zone, where Casper fell on it for the tying touchdown, which cleared the way for the extra point that gave the Raiders the win.
- Two weeks later, Huygens tumbled through the moon's atmosphere and made a successful touchdown on the surface.
- Then Tensi threw to Biletnikoff over the middle, at the five, and he slipped into the end zone for the touchdown.
- Join the Touchdown Club today and be entered into a drawing to win field passes for the first home game against San Jose State.
- It has left first-year offensive coordinator Brian Daboll searching for playmakers on a unit that has failed to score a touchdown in four of seven games.
- Auer is most famous for taking the opening kickoff in the Miami Dolphins' first-ever game in 1966 and returning it 95 yards for a touchdown.
- Armstrong knew it was crucial to land without any sideways motion, lest they risk tipping over at touchdown.
- For the final touchdown, Armstrong looked out the window and selected a level landing site.
- The Soyuz landing rockets failed to fire on touchdown, giving one of the roughest landings experienced by a returning Mir crew.
- He ran for a touchdown in the third game, a win against Tennessee, but failed to throw for a touchdown for the first time since his freshman season.
- The cargo lander telemeters its status to Earth to verify a successful touchdown and safes itself until further required.
- In came Tensi on third down, and he immediately shot one to Biletnikoff in the end zone for a touchdown.
- In the same red-zone drill, Tebow couldn't find an open receiver so he took off running downfield for a touchdown.
- Although the Eagles didn't win, thanks in part to McNabb's three interceptions, the final touchdown drive sums up McNabb's tenure in Philly.
- Stallworth recorded 115 yards and a touchdown off just 3 receptions.
- It fired as the descent module neared touchdown, providing a softer landing than did Vostok.
- Unlike Apollo, the capsule would touchdown on dry land and NASA planned to use the same design for its manned "Mars Semi-Direct" mission proposal as well.
- The capsule, charred on re-entry, ended its three-and-a-half-hour ride to Earth in a puff of dust after activating its boosters to cushion the touchdown.
- Within moments of touchdown, the seven astronauts were basking in praise.
- In May, Apollo 10 soars to the Moon and rehearses every step of a Moon landing mission except for the touchdown itself.
- The Chargers got off to a terrible start, having the two punts blocked in the first quarter, leading to a safety and touchdown for Oakland.
- Moore relieved him and threw eight touchdown passes and two interceptions as the Panthers won four of their last five games to finish 8-8.
- Steve Young threw for 220 yards and a touchdown, while also rushing for 37.
- The astronauts are going through standard post-landing safing of Atlantis following a smooth touchdown today.
- During the three hours of its descent to the surface of Titan, and after touchdown, Huygens will study the characteristics of Titan's atmosphere and surface.
- Football career Hamilton set Atlantic Coast Conference career records for total offense (10,640 yards), touchdown passes (65) and total touchdowns (83).
- He also rushed for 10 touchdowns and caught 3 touchdown passes.
- The only winning team they've played, Michigan, they were able to beat on a touchdown, while their last three victories have come on the final minute.
- The previous two years' football games have been won by the Berkner Rams in the final minute, either by a touchdown or a field goal.
- Typically measured from touchdown until it taxis off or from taxiing onto a runway until the aircraft leaves the ground during take-off.
- I enjoy taxiing this aircraft and watching others land, as British Airways is only moments from touchdown.
- This is also the position where an aircraft on the glide path will be at an altitude of approximately 200 feet above the elevation of the touchdown zone.
- This picture, taken from the LM window shortly before touchdown, shows the surface of the Moon near the touchdown point in the Sea of Tranquility.
- In 1912 the field was changed to its current size, the value of a touchdown was increased to 6 points, and a fourth down was added.
- Safety James Washington recovered the fumble and ran 46 yards for the tying touchdown.
- West Virginia's win was also credited widely to Major Harris, who had a touchdown run which is forever known in West Virginia history as "the Play".
- On the following play, QB Jake Delhomme connected with WR Muhsin Muhammad for a touchdown pass that gave Carolina a 13-0 lead.
- You must become proactive in your career as if you are the star player of the game setting up the play for the final touchdown.
- By catching a touchdown pass, Antonio Freeman became just the 5th player to catch a touchdown in back-to-back Super Bowls.
- After touchdown on the Hornet, the astronauts exited the helicopter, leaving the flight surgeon and 3 crew.
- When the flying object returns to water, the process is called alighting, although it is commonly called "landing" and "touchdown" as well.
- During the 1989 season, he hit a major league home run and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week, the only player to ever do so.
- Stallworth played one season for the Browns, catching 17 passes for 170 yards and one touchdown in 2008.
- Heffelfinger picked up a Pittsburgh fumble and ran 35 yards for a touchdown, winning the game 4–0 for Allegheny.
- This provides more detailed navigation data for tracking the spaceplane as it streaks to touchdown at Kennedy Space Center.
- Helicopter crews were able to videotape a final phase of the descent of the Soyuz capsule, including the firing of soft-landing engines and the touchdown.
- October 29, 1989 - Boomer Esiason tied his own record for touchdown passes in a game as the Bengals demolished the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 56-23.
- Swann was the leading receiver in the game with 7 receptions for 124 yards and a touchdown.
- The game also included a touchdown run by Major Harris, which is forever remembered in West Virginia lore as "The Run".
- Jacksonville's pass defense ranked third in the NFL in 1999 and two years later the Jaguars gave up only 13 touchdown passes.
- Manning threw 24 touchdown passes, matching his 2005 total and leaving him tied for fourth in the NFL with St. Louis Pro Bowler Marc Bulger.
- During the 1989 season, he hit a home run and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week, the first player to do so.
- Most people believe that 2001 was Brian Urlacher's best year, as he picked off 3 passes, recorded 6 sacks and ran back a fumble for a touchdown.
- The Steelers scored on two touchdown passes by Bradshaw, one to Randy Grossman for seven yards and the long bomb to Swann.
- Bradshaw continued the problematic play when his first pass is picked off by the Miami defense and is returned for yet another touchdown.
- End Zone
- Fourth Quarter
- Culture > Entertainment > Games > Ball
- Life > Game > Points > Score
* Ed Reed
* End Zone
* Fourth Quarter
Books about "Touchdown" in