Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Towers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Towers are generally built to take advantage of their height and can stand alone or as part of a larger structure.
- The towers were located on the river Spaarne, on each side, and historically they were defending the city from possible attackers over the water.
- These towers are the most visible parts of the palace to commoners outside the walls, and much folklore is attached to them.
- Both towers were destroyed in a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001.
- The towers were spotted just before Katrina intensified to a Category 5 hurricane.
- While it is possible to build a suspension bridge with one central tower, they are usually built with a pair of towers.
- Conwy Castle has eight massive crenellated towers, its shape largely dictated by its rock-bound foundations.
- At the height of her popularity, Tiffany Towers retreated to her native Canada where she still periodically housedances at the Brass Rail in Toronto.
- Solar power towers operate by focusing a field of thousands of mirrors onto a receiver located at the top of a centrally located tower.
- Ultimately the complex came to consist of 7 buildings, but its most notable features were the main twin towers.
- The building is a member of the World Federation of Great Towers.
- The eight great towers and connecting walls are all intact, forming a rectangle as opposed to the concentric layouts of Edward's other castles in Wales.
- The Bishop's Palace, the old "Rocca" ("Castle"), is a massive construction with two square towers and one rounded one.
- There are dozens of other radio masts and television towers over 2,000ft (610 m) in height.
- There are ruins of castelets or peel towers at Dalden, Ludworth and Langley Dale.
- The towers feature a skybridge (constructed by Kukdong Engineering & Construction) between the two towers on 41st and 42nd floors.
- The towers feature a skybridge between the two towers on 41st and 42nd floors, which is the highest 2-story bridge in the world.
- His 25th year of accession was overall celebrated with building of clock towers in ottoman cities.
- There's a lot more to Berne than it's clock towers, shopping arcades, bear pits and houses of parliament.
- The most important monuments include the Art Gallery, Historical Museum of Dupnitsa, clock towers, and most churches in the city.
- The Citadel is protected by a high wall and large towers, and it is surrounded by a wide, deep moat, part of which was blocked in modern times.
- Scout pioneering - tree houses - rafts - camp gadgets - masts & towers - catapults - misc.
- A few Martello towers were surrounded by a moat for extra defence.
- There are castles at Bodiam, Herstmonceux, Lewes and Pevensey; and defence works such as the Martello towers and Eastbourne Redoubt.
- The first large-scale constructions were built, including settlement towers and walls (e.g., Jericho) and ceremonial sites (e.g., Stonehenge).
- The lower St James buildings that frame the tower could be demolished to make way for several towers.
- The characters tend to be stereotypes and are very similar to the set of characters in the Malory Towers series which Blyton also wrote.
- With its two main towers and impressive facade, Skien church dominates the town.
- Charters Towers is a city in northern Queensland, Australia.
- By the end of the middle ages, Maastricht had an impressive set of walls with many towers and large gatehouses.
- There are three solar telescopes, two of which are now used for astronomical research, also known as solar towers due to their construction.
- Several buildings and structures survive or have been reconstructed, including guard towers, the camp entrance, crematory ovens and the camp barracks.
- With the construction of the Towers of High Sorcery, people from all over Krynn were able to learn the secrets of spellcrafting.
- This sourcebook contains details of the Towers of High Sorcery.
- If completed, it will stand as the tallest twin towers in the world, surpassing the Petronas Twin Towers.
- However, the towers are still the tallest twin buildings and office building in the world.
- The crown mural has five towers, which means that Arecibo received the title of city.
- Furthermore, additional signalling and observation towers were frequently built outside the city, and were sometimes fortified in a castle-like fashion.
- For information about the CN Tower and other very tall structures, see: TV, Radio & Observation Towers.
- Living in Austin, TX, we've seen the construction of many tall towers in our ever-growing downtown district.
- In the Four Corners of Apadana, facing outwards, four towers were built.
- The sea is also against you on your quest as they put deadly towers, castles, ice bergs and whirlpools in your path.
- The highest peak in Connacht, Mweelrea ('The Bald King') towers over the water which is now used for mussel-farming on rafts.
- You can then use a siege tower and put your ground archers in their towers and use ballistas to kill the remaining soldiers in the keep.
- Belfry - A siege tower (now used of bell towers because of an invalid assumption that the word had something to do with bells).
- Philip ordered the building of some siege towers, and otherwise took general control of the effort, but nothing else was done.
- The outer city gate had only their barbicans outside of the gate towers during the Ming dynasty.
- Recently, construction began on The Centaurus, a multi-purpose complex in the Blue Area which will include residential and office towers, and a luxury hotel.
- Bolingbroke Castle is a prime example of 13th century castle design complete with a large gatehouse, round towers and a moat.
- In medieval Ireland, round towers served as landmarks, bell towers, storehouses and places of refuge in times of attack.
- Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth Between 1503 and 1522 the city was surrounded with walls that had nine gates and three towers.
- The original plans called for one of the three towers to be merely 7-storeys tall, but eventually all three were built to the same height.
- The three towers are often pyramidal in shape, just as is the case of the pylons of Egyptian temples or the gopuras of their Dravidian counterparts.
- Excluding the spire, the Petronas Towers are not taller than Willis Tower.
- If a building does have a spire, such as the Petronas Towers, then its official height is its spire height.
- The Petronas Towers remain the tallest twin buildings in the world.
- Excluding the spire, the Petronas Towers are not taller than the Sears Tower.
- With a height of 452 metres (1,483 feet) and 88 floors, the Petronas Twin Towers, are in the second and third position.
- The tower is being constructed by a South Korean company, Samsung Engineering & Construction, which also built the Petronas Twin Towers and the Taipei 101.
- The Petronas Twin Towers remain the tallest twin buildings in the world.
- Both of its twin towers will be totally destroyed by a terrorist attack using two hijacked passenger airplanes on September 11, 2001.
- The final designs for Towers Two, Three and Four were unveiled on September 7, 2006.
- October 5, 2007 The WWE and Flair last met on September 20 at Titan Towers where Flair brought his attornies, which Vince McMahon did not like.
- Whether for work or for play, the Sheraton Dammam Hotel & Towers has everything you need for a great stay.
- Whether you are staying for a few days or for the long term, lease a room from The Mansions at Azabu Towers and give your family a home in Tokyo.
- Towers have been established to provide for a safe, orderly and expeditious flow of traffic on and in the vicinity of an airport.
- Further savings can come from the nighttime closure of airport towers with a low volume of traffic.
- As the name of each was announced, a flag was hoisted on one of the towers and the song of that Jamboree sung.
- You can see two of the three towers (as seen on the flag of San Marino) by purchasing the "Red Card" for €4.50.
- Unique in their style, the towers of the mosques soar high, upholding a tradition of justice and equality.
- Time > History > Castles > Walls
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > History > Castles
- Time > History > Castles > Gates
* Active Volcanoes
* City Wall
* City Walls
* Main Structure
* Rochester Castle
* Steep-Sided Stratovolcano
* Tallest Building
* Tallest Buildings
* Twin Towers
* Wall Street
* World Trade Center
* World Trade Center Towers
* York City
Books about "Towers" in