Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Tribology"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Tribology is a term coined in the mid-1960s to describe the study of interacting moving surfaces.
- Tribology is the science of wear.
- Tribology is a derivation of the Greek word "Tribos" which means "rubbing".
- Tribology is defined as the science of interacting surfaces in relative motion.
- Tribology is a science of friction, wear and lubrication of moving components.
- Search Engineering Tribology from UK database and other international databases.
- Advanced Tribology is a cross-disciplinary course on the basic principles of the science and engineering of tribology.
- Joint tribology conference; proceedings; 2v.
- ITC Member Societies will wish to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Tribology.
- The next World Tribology Congress (WTC IV) will be held in Japan in 2009 over the period 6th to 11th September.
- This collection of fully peer-reviewed papers were presented at the 26th Leeds-Lyon Tribology Symposium which was held in Leeds, UK, 14-17 September, 1999.
- While at Northwestern University, Rodgers was involved in tribology research with Caterpillar.
- A web site providing a forum for students and lecturers to share ideas on tribology research.
- By contacting the VTI, companies have easy access to centers of excellence in the field of tribology and their research facilities (labs, equipment).
- Research group on surface engineering and tribology.
- Research on adhesion in surface engineering and tribology is a recent topic within the SURF-group.
- Surface properties-behavior relations, (nano)tribology, tribochemistry, bio-nanointerface,biomaterials, nanomanufacturing, and CMP.
- Material for publication may be submitted to the Editor , Indian Journal of Tribology at the following address.
- Transactions of the ASME. Journal of tribology.
- Aksit, M.F. and Tichy, J.A., 1998. Wear of brush seals: background and new modeling approach. STLE Tribology Transactions 42 3, pp. 368–374.
- Lovell, M. R., Khonsari, M. "On the frictional characteristics of ball bearings coated with solid lubricants," ASME Journal of Tribology.
- Topics covered include surface engineering, engine tribology, biotribology, friction and wear.
- Rodgers- research focuses on the contact mechanics area of tribology, which is the study of friction, wear and lubrication.
- The control of friction and wear, the aim of the subject, is comprehensively and accessibly addressed in this 2nd edition of Engineering Tribology.
- Tribology aspects like friction, frictional heating and wear play an important rule in machine and instrument lifetime and performance.
- To book your place contact Tina Churcher on 020 7973 1258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. uk .
- For more details on the Space Tribology Course, visit www.esmats2007.co.uk and go to the 'ESTL Tribology Course' page.
- Falex Tribology NVConsultant service in Falex tribometers. new materials and lubricants. laboratory.
- Standardized friction and wear test equipment is accessible through a spin-off company of the SURF-group, Falex Tribology N.V.
- The tribology laboratory is working on including wear in dynamic models for mechanisms.
- In addition to working on new materials, the tribology laboratory is working on a number of solid lubricating systems.
- School of Mechanical Engineering Tribology Laboratory (METL) was founded by Professor Sadeghi in the spring of 1986 upon his arrival at Purdue University.
- This 650-page illustrated book provides a detailed coverage of tribology principles for the most common abrasive processes.
- Another section compiles knowledge on the effects of fluids and the tribology of lubricants in grinding and other abrasive processes.
- On the 12th and 13th July 2006 the Institution of Mechanical Engineers hosted Tribology 2006 at its Headquarters in London.
- Rules of Thumb for Mechanical Engineers Also covers tribology, vibrations, materials, stress and fatigue, instrumentation, and engineering economics.
- In our tribology section, we use plasma-enchanced CVD to produce NFC coating.
- NAE. Fluid flow, high pressure rheology, lubrication, tribology, thermomechanics.
- The following is a sample of publications that may be of interest to members of the Tribology Division.
- -Tribology is a three body problem,- he said, -involving two solids in contact and a lubricant.
- Recent textbooks discuss the economic impact of tribology in their introductions, Rabinowicz (1995), and Hutchings (1992).
- Applied Tribology focuses on the design and analysis of machine elements.
- He teaches machine design for undergraduates, and tribology and machine design in graduate school.
- Hence tribo'logical a., of or pertaining to tribology; tri'bologist, an expert or specialist in tribology.
- The design of tribological machine components and the application of tribology in manufacturing processes.
- Center for Tribology - CET - Center For Tribology, Inc. is a tribology testing laboratory and a provider of tribology test instrumentation.
- Oil analysis, tribology and other slippery topics The Web can even show you how to test snake oil and dispose of it properly.
- Every time I get in my car and turn on the radio, it seems that I hear something about predictive maintenance oil analysis tribology.
- He joined the University of Sheffield in 1994 and lectures in tribology and fluid mechanics.
- Group at the University of Sheffield Tribology ResearchResearch, Teaching and Consultancy in a wide rage of tribology related areas.
- A unique technical conference focusing on cutting-edge research in the multidisciplinary field of tribology.
- Professor N A Bushe, one of the world's highly regarded tribologists, is the Tribology Gold Medal Winner for 2002. See his citation.
- Tribology consultants focusing on design evaluation, failure investigation, engineering training and expert witness services.
- Tribology, machinery troubleshooting, vibration, condition monitoring.
- Familiarity information: TRIBOLOGY used as a noun is very rare.
- In the non-mechanical field, tribology chiefly studies bio-tribology and tribology of the human body.
- Participants will also receive a free copy of the Space Tribology Handbook.
- Welcome to mgrcentral.com, your independent guide to Tribology Mechanical Engineering.
- In the latter case, certain areas are avoided, notably, the huge effort toward nano-tribology and atomistic approaches both modeling and instrumentation.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Science
- Encyclopedia of Finance. > Technology
- Science > Technology > Mechanical Engineering > Tribology /
Books about "Tribology" in