Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Trio"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A trio is a group of three people singing or playing together.
- A trio is a group of three identical or similar objects, or a grouping of three persons for a common purpose.
- Trio was a 1987 album featuring country and rock superstars Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt.
- The trio was set up in tribute to The Tony Williams Lifetime trio led by Williams with Larry Young (organ) and John McLaughlin (guitar).
- Trio is generally used in any of the following ways: Three musicians playing the same or different musical instrument.
- Harry glimpses Voldemort's mind again, leading the trio to the Shrieking Shack.
- In PoA, Snape was beyond reasons when he met Sirius and Lupin and the trio in the shrieking Shack.
- In January of 1963, he got a call from Victor Feldman who asked if he would be interested in going to Los Angeles to play a steady gig with his trio.
- He is probably best known for his part in Ornette Coleman 's trio with David Izenzon in the 1960s.
- In 1998, John was a part of the Roy Haynes Trio, along with Danilo Perez on piano.
- While playing with the Canadiens, he was part of a trio called the "Punch Line," which featured Elmer Lach and Maurice Richard.
- When I played in a trio many years ago our piano player was realy into Oscar Peterson, he was a very talented player, but a bit eccentric.
- Judy Mowatt was one of the I-Threes, the vocal trio who served for years as Bob Marley's backup.
- Buy used from: $3.08 Billy Taylor practically invented the piano trio and has been playing in this format for over 50 years (!).
- The trio performed at a special show in Seattle as part of a protest against the World Trade Organization.
- Autonomadic - Seattle based punk rock trio.
- For King Crimson he initially formed part of the "double trio", joining Bill Bruford on drums.
- After touring for a while as a trio, the band recruited Niedermeier's old bandmate, Caz the Clash, as a second guitarist.
- For the past decade the London Piano Trio have been touring, recording, and teaching across the globe to rave reviews.
- In 1966 Riel was touring in Europe as a member of the Bill Evans Trio.
- On Thursday at the Jazz Standard Mr. Hendricks introduced a new edition of the trio for a four-night engagement.
- Brouhaha A "wuss rock" trio from Rochester, NY. Their site offers show dates, biographies, pictures, lyrics, and song samples.
- Audioflood - Member profiles, photos and lyrics for the alternative rock trio.
- Reynolds also admitted that the Kingston Trio even resorted to changing the lyrics of one of their biggest hits in order to avoid controversy.
- For half a century, the trio has been held in high esteem for their performances, both in concert and in recordings.
- He also continued to perform in concert, both in solo appearances and as part of the Bel Canto Trio with George London and Frances Yeend.
- He heard me play with the AJQ on a concert in SF when we were opening for the Kingston Trio in April 1961.
- From 1982 to 1986 the Trio resumed performing with Andor Toth, Gabor Rejto and Adolph Baller for a few concerts mainly in the northern California bay area.
- Thanks to the hard work and determination of jazz fan and visionary Duncan McNeill the Trio was well received and the concerts were well attended.
- Along with his older brother Dorsey Burnette and a friend named Paul Burlison, Johnny Burnette was a founding member of The Rock and Roll Trio.
- Recently, Bendix, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Aviva Bobb and a friend have been performing as a string trio at local senior citizen centers.
- In 1984, Tom briefly was a member of a trio (along with Bob Gibson and Anne Hills) known as the Best of Friends.
- One of the pure blood students, Draco Malfoy, has been a thorn in the side of the trio of friends from the first days at school.
- There he became friends, and formed a vocal trio, with Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer.
- The trio returned to Hogwarts to obtain the diadem, which is secured in the Room of Requirement when the room takes on the form of a vast storage facility.
- In 1957 he teamed with Dave Lambert and Annie Ross to form the legendary vocal trio Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross.
- Tyler, who originally was a drummer, and Perry decided to form a power trio with bassist Tom Hamilton.
- He switched to jazz after discovering Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane and Miles Davis, releasing two solo jazz piano albums prior to forming The Trio.
- When McGriff let him go, Earland switched to the organ permanently, forming a trio with Martino and drummer Bobby Durham.
- During two years of recuperation, he relocated to Hollywood, supporting himself by producing radio music and forming a new trio.
- Whether fronting a quintet, a big band, a trio, or an octet, Dave Holland is a bandleader and bassist extraordinaire who covers the full spectrum of jazz.
- As a bandleader, the gradual expansion from a trio to quintet to big band is also fascinating because Weston sounds more at home with each phase of his band.
- Peterson wrote pieces for piano, for trio, for quartet and for big band.
- A keyboardist who can simultaneously play left hand bass, right hand chords and often sing, while using a drum machine, can sound like a trio.
- While perfecting their sound, the trio would often play together on street corners in a Jamaican slum called Trenchtown.
- NIRVANA's famous MTV UNPLUGGED concert almost split the group up because the trio couldn't agree on noise levels and the sound they wanted.
- Nat married a dancer Nadine Robinson, who was also with Shuffle Along, and moved to Los Angeles where he formed the Nat King Cole Trio.
- Other works on the program include the Sextet by Luigi Boccherini and the Trio for Oboe, Horn and Piano by Carl Reinecke.
- His other works include violin concerto, piano trio, string quartets, ballets, film music, and operas.
- Works for string trio, quintet, sextet or even octet follow essentially the same history as the string quartet but with different textures.
- Bach wrote trio sonatas for the organ: right hand and left hand plus pedals.
- A recording, entitled Take Bach, made by the trio along with the Pekinel sisters feature adaptations of Bach's concertos for two and three pianos.
- Bach wrote his Six Trio Sonatas to improve the pedal technique of his son Wilhelm Friedemann.
- Reid grew up listening to folk recording by musicians like the Kingston Trio and Pete Seeger.
- CD, 2007 release from new power trio, these 3 young guys have been listening to a lot of Rory Gallagher and Stevie Ray Vaughan and it shows.
- Glazer also wrote books about music and composed songs recorded by Frank Sinatra, Perry Como and the Kingston Trio.
- Songs are typically for a solo singer, though they may also be in the form of a duet, trio, or composition involving more voices.
- A live recording of this trio, Songs With Legs, was released on WATT in early 1995, at which time they again toured Europe.
- After a month of spying on the Ministry of Magic, the trio try to infiltrate it in order to retrieve the Horcrux from Dolores Umbridge.
- The trio successfully infiltrate the Ministry of Magic and recover the locket, but Grimmauld Place is compromised during their escape, forcing them to flee.
- Harry is accosted by a Ministry of Magic official who accuses the trio of having conjured up the Dark Mark.
- The trio reenter the Room of Requirement and are attacked by Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle.
- The trio go to the Room of Requirement, but are confronted by Draco Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.
- Are a trio of stories about Harry and Draco and their relationship with their friends and the Wizarding public.
- Draco has changed too, no longer a death eater, but The golden Trio still considers him an enemy.
- Players can now assume the roles of student spell-casters Ron and Hermione too, and switch between the trio of friends depending on the situation you're in.
- It is revealed through Snape's memories that Phineas Nigellus had been aiding Snape and Dumbledore so that they could find the trio.
- The trio make a short detour to Godric's Hollow talk to Bathilda (something), a historian of magic who knew Dumbledore well when he was young.
- Whereas Morphine is a trio without a guitarist, U.S. Saucer is a trio without a drummer.
- Every Little Thing was originally a trio, but after 2000 became a duo with Kaori Mochida as the lead vocal singer and Ichiro Ito as the guitarist.
- In addition to their core trio, the band often includes a fourth member, usually a keyboardist or guitarist.
- The group later changed its name to "Julito Rodriguez and his Trio".
- The other three members of the seminal hard rock band stayed together, planning to continue as a trio under the "Rage" name.
- Culture was the name of a trio of singers, but leader Joseph Hill eventually became Culture, just like Burning Spear.
- Considering his trio "an orchestra", Mr. Jamal not only achieves a unified sound, but subtly inserts independent roles for the bass and drums.
- Later in 1955, Jamal switched over to the Chess label's Argo subsidiary, where his trio cut the groundbreaking Chamber Music of New Jazz.
- The Ahmad Jamal trio played on it and featured Jamal on piano, Israel Crosby on bass, and Vernell Fournier on drums.
- Les Paul, who will be 92 years old on June 9th, will play a complete set with his Trio at the event.
- Les Paul and his Trio gives a solid performance, one that would have any musicians in the audience nodding their head with approval.
- Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Les Paul became a professional musician as a teenager and was the leader of his own trio by the age of 21.
- Since 2003, Jack has been part of Trio Beyond with fellow musicians Larry Goldings (organ) and John Scofield (guitar).
- And, with the exception of the Trio Sonata for organ, the other works are not even necessarily by Bach.
- I'm planning a large number of CDs with organ and more CDs with the trio of solo bass, Harpsichord and electric bass on continuo.
- Coming last in a trio of triumphant studio outings produced by Johnny Winter, it is also a mixed bag.
- He wrote no symphonies, no operas, no string quartets, and only one trio (piano, violin, and cello).
- Pachelbels Canon in D arranged as a trio for Flute, Cello and Piano.
- In addition, he wrote several songs set to Polish texts, and several pieces including a piano trio and a sonata for cello and piano.
- He wrote a trio for the unusual combination of piano, violin and waldhorn (the predecessor of the French horn), opus 40.
- He is best known for his recordings and live performances with the trio of pianist Bill Evans in the final years of Evans's career.
- It was the first album to be released under the name "Bob Marley & the Wailers", even though the trio had been releasing singles for over five years.
- He made his first record at the age of 19, and in 1965 formed the vocal trio, The Wailers, with Peter Tosh and Bunny Livingstone.
- The next day he left to join his mother in Wilmington, Delaware, USA returning to Jamaica in October 1966; the Wailers were now a vocal trio.
- Goodman continued his meteoric rise throughout the late 1930s with his big band, his trio and quartette, and a sextet.
- In the early sixties he organized a new trio with Paul Bley on piano and Steve Swallow on acoustic bass.
- After leading his own trio, Paul Bley spent much of 1963 with Sonny Rollins' group.
- And for the very briefest of time, John McLaughlin, Jaco Pastorius and Tony Williams formed a power trio to top all power trios.
- Coryell was later replaced by Al Di Meola, and since 1981, the trio has recorded three albums under that line-up.
- The Trio, again featuring McLaughlin along with de Lucía and Di Meola, reunited in 1996 for a second recording session and a world tour.
- Philly Joe Jones is on the quartet tracks; Paul Motian is the drummer for the trio set.
- The pianist was Bill Evans in a brilliant sideman appearance before he left Miles Davis and formed his own trio.
- Benny often plays in Prague with pianist and composer, Emil Viklicky and his trio.
- The 1955 Berkshire Music Festival saw Menahem Pressler's debut as a chamber musician, where he appeared as pianist with the Beaux Arts Trio.
- A Brubeck "Trio" was soon formed: Jack Six on bass, and Alan Dawson on drums.
- The octet was too radical to get much work, so Brubeck formed a trio with drummer Cal Tjader (who doubled on vibes) and bassist Ron Crotty.
- Arts > Music > Musical Instruments > Piano
- Culture > Arts > Music > Drums
- Culture > Arts > Music > Guitar
* Aberforth Dumbledore
* Bill Evans
* Charlie Byrd
* Drummer Gene Krupa
* Gary Peacock
* Herb Ellis
* Jazz Trio
* Oscar Peterson
* Oscar Peterson Trio
* Pianist Teddy Wilson
* Piano Trio
* Ray Brown
* Tal Farlow
* Third Member
* Trio Album
* Trio Format
Books about "Trio" in