Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Umbrella Term"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- An umbrella term is a word that provides a superset or grouping of concepts that all fall under a single common category.
- An umbrella term is a word that provides a superset or grouping of related concepts, also called a hypernym.
- Darkwave, also written as dark wave, is an umbrella term which refers to a movement that began in the late 1970s, coinciding with the popularity of new wave.
- A Studentenverbindung (the umbrella term that includes the Burschenschafts) is a German student corporation.
- Bauhaus, Joy Division), another is to regard "darkwave" as a more inclusive umbrella term.
- Speed reading is an umbrella term for the many techniques available to increase the rate of reading without losing retention of information.
- Copyright is described under the umbrella term intellectual property along with patents and trademarks.
- ActiveX is an umbrella term for a series of Microsoft products and technologies that add activity to Web pages.
- Shock rock is a very wide umbrella term for artists who combine rock music with elements of theatrical shock value in live performance.
- Blood Quantum Laws is an umbrella term that describes legislation enacted to define membership in Native American groups.
- Copyright is one of the concepts covered by the umbrella term intellectual property.
- The new classification is in the early stages of testing; in the meantime, the umbrella term of FD should continue to be utilized in clinical practice.
- In the 13th century, it grew into an umbrella term for a large group of Mongolic and Turkic tribes united under the rule of Genghis Khan.
- Peripheral neuropathy is an umbrella term that denotes a disorder of, or damage to, the peripheral nervous system.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is the umbrella term used by the medical fraternity to explain problems associated with the stomach, digestion or the colon.
- Just like the term Kadazan-Dusun, the term Bajau is also an umbrella term to describe several groups of closely related peoples.
- Neo soul (also known as nu soul) is a music genre and an umbrella term for current soul music.
- Cybersecurity is an umbrella term that incorporates different IT strategies that protect networks.
- Heart disease or cardiopathy is an umbrella term for a variety of different diseases affecting the heart.
- Post-Impressionism is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of artists who were influenced by Impressionism but took their art in other directions.
- Word of mouth marketing (WOM) is an umbrella term for dozens of techniques that can be used to engage and energize customers.
- Infoanarchism is an umbrella term for various groups of people who are opposed to forms of intellectual property, such as copyright and patents.
- In Western culture, the word "bonsai" is used as an umbrella term for Japanese bonsai, Chinese penjing, and Korean bunjae.
- It should be noted, though, that the term "behaviorism" is an umbrella term that encompasses multiple approaches towards behavior.
- This usage of "Bahasa" serves as an umbrella term for both Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Extreme metal is an umbrella term, somewhat loosely defined, for a number of related heavy metal subgenres that have developed since the 1980s.
- Extreme metal is an umbrella term, somewhat loosely defined, for a variety of heavy metal subgenres developed since the 1980s.
- Extreme metal is an umbrella term for the heavy metal subgenres of a more aggressive style than traditional heavy metal.
- Cerebral palsy (CP) is an umbrella term for a group of disorders affecting body movement, balance, and posture.
- In practice, anarchism is an umbrella term for a number of different theoretical approaches to anarchist practice.
- Paranormal is an umbrella term used to describe a wide variety of reported anomalous phenomena.
- Psychokinesis is the umbrella term under which are various related paranormal abilities.
- In addition, IP telephony is an umbrella term for all real-time applications over IP, including voice over instant messaging (IM) and videoconferencing.
- In Indonesia and Malaysia for example, a large number of arts under the umbrella term of Silat are practiced.
- Since Silat is an umbrella term covering many styles, it is not possible to give a single history.
- Social anarchism is an umbrella term used to differentiate two broad categories of anarchism, with the other being individualist anarchism.
- For example, cryptology is an umbrella term that encompasses cryptography and cryptanalysis, among other fields.
- Heart disease is an umbrella term for a number of different diseases which affect the heart.
- Related Concepts
- Social Anarchism
Books about "Umbrella Term" in