Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Underground"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Underground, a documentary book by popular author Haruki Murakami consisting mainly of interviews with victims of the gas attacks.
- Underground, the Japanese Knotweed has extensive rhizomes, which are horizontal stems or roots with nodes that send out shoots.
- The underground is divided into six fare Zones' with zone 1 covering central London.
- The Underground is a member of the Canadian University Press (CUP), a national organization of student newspapers.
- London Underground is an important part of everyday life of hundreds of thousands of Londoners.
- It does not include stations exclusively served by the London Underground, Tramlink and Docklands Light Railway.
- Smaller projects include extensions to the East London Line of the Underground, and to the Docklands Light Railway.
- Cutty Sark station on the Docklands Light Railway is one minute's walk away, with connections to central London and the London Underground.
- It aims to extend the East London line (formerly part of the London Underground network) and make it part of the mainline London Overground network.
- The City is well served by the London Underground network, as well as Docklands Light Railway and Thameslink services.
- The old East London line of the tube was a part of the London Underground network that ran from Shoreditch to New Cross.
- The Fanatics were a Velvet Underground inspired unit that contained in their line up, Simon Fowler, Oscar Harrison and Damon Minchella.
- I enjoy all kinds of music and this record is right up there with Big Star, Velvet Underground, Merle Haggard, Beatles, Hank SR. - anything.
- Due to the lack of London Underground stations in the borough, South London has an extensive railway network, the busiest in London.
- London Underground currently serves 273 stations, which are listed, along with DLR stations, at List of London Underground stations.
- Waterloo tube stations are two London Underground stations, the main and the Waterloo & City Line station.
- Harrow-on-the-Hill station is a London Underground station served by National Rail and London Underground (LU) trains.
- Marylebone station or London Marylebone station is a National Rail and London Underground station in central London.
- Kennington tube station is a London Underground station in Kennington, on both the Charing Cross and Bank branches of the Northern Line.
- When the War Rooms were in use, access was from the buildings above and underground tunnels.
- Along these viaducts, doors located in the upper part, where the water channel ran, allowed the same maintainance work needed by the underground tunnels.
- Inside the stations, the space was kept as open as possible, using the full height and width of the underground tunnels.
- With a little imagination, of course, such a prompt can create a slew of stories about an underground city inhabited by thousands of people.
- The Iranian Kurdish militia probably numbers less than 1,000 in Qandil and thousands more underground in Iran.
- Dubai Metro is a LRT system and runs both underground and on elevated tracks.
- When completed, Dubai Metro will have a total of 70 kilometres (43.5 miles) of lines, and 42 stations (including 9 underground stations).
- The Mumbai Metro is an underground and elevated railway system that is currently under construction.
- The London Underground, which started construction in the same period, was the first underground railway in the world, and remains the most extensive.
- The underground network (Metro Bilbao), whose construction started in 1995, is used by more than 78 million passengers every year.
- You can take an underground tour at Big Pit, or see a locomotive collection at Pontypool.
- Approximately 13 miles from Usk is Big Pit, the only coal mine in Wales where you can explore the underground workings with experienced miners as guides.
- Big Pit is one of only two mining museums in the United Kingdom where visitors can be taken underground.
- What strikes visitors in the Kiev Metro the most is how deep underground the stations are located.
- A station stop on the Underground Railroad, its many visitors included Frederick Douglass and Sojourner Truth.
- Only 5 minutes from the Old City center by underground, guests will enjoy easy access to the city's major attractions.
- Victoria Station offers access to trains, buses, coaches and London Underground services.
- The location was fantastic for getting around London with easy access to train station and underground.
- Korrigan - goddess of underground springs.
- Most well known is the London Underground (commonly known as the Tube), the oldest and longest rapid transit system in the world.
- Rail The centrepiece of the public transport network is the London Underground, the oldest and largest metro system in the world, dating from 1863.
- It is also the oldest continuously active fraternity, since the other two Triad members went underground temporarily.
- In the fall, seeds—like Persephone herself—were buried underground.
- After pollination, the fruit develops into a legume 3 to 7 cm (1 to 2 in) long, containing 1 to 4 seeds, which forces its way underground to mature.
- Once these objects were retrieved from the underground caverns, they were spread with seeds on the Thesmophorion, altars of Demeter and Persephone.
- Many hip-hop artists (both underground and mainstream) acknowledge a huge debt to Rakim's innovative style.
- In the 1990s, Asian Underground was considered hip and broke through to the mainstream.
- The eyes of the Gestapo--the Nazi's secret police--were especially trained on those believed to be part of the underground resistance.
- Continued resistance to Spanish rule was forced to go underground or flee to the mountains.
- The Council of the Three (R3), in which the communist underground was strongly represented, emerged as the focal point of the resistance.
- Notes from the Underground by Dostoyevsky, Fyodor View in context Here is the music, and the German words by Heinrich Heine.
- Notes from the Underground, or Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky is a groudbreaking novel in the world of modernist literature.
- They descend into the Pipeworks and discover that the instructions are indeed valid, and that the underground river holds the key to escape from the city.
- Running 20 hours a day, everyday and serving all parts of central London,the underground (or tube) is one of the easiest ways to travel.
- Most stations have been done up the last ten years, cctv makes the underground much safer to travel in.
- Thirdly, the worms may be using the moist conditions on the surface to travel more quickly than they can underground, thus colonizing new areas more quickly.
- Seebach eventually decided to journey into the underground of Paradigm City, where he encounters a megadeus Archetype.
- By using the London Underground map and plotting your journey, you should have no difficulty finding your destination.
- There are still more new issues of Continuing your journey (CYJ) maps available at London Underground stations.
- The author who was liaison officer between the underground and the exiled Polish government in London, wrote this amazing report right after the liberation.
- In Warsaw they even formed an underground organization the task of which was to put up armed resistance to the nationalist militants.
- Underground Railroad activity flourished in cities such as Rochester and Buffalo which were near the borders of Upper Canada.
- From the late 1820s until the American Civil War began in 1861, the Underground Railroad brought tens of thousands of fleeing slaves to Canada.
- In the early seventies, however, new alternative and underground comics (or comix) publishers emerged in Canada.
- From Heathrow you can take the underground (London Transport) to Victoria Railway Station and then the train to Brighton and on to Falmer.
- From Waterloo take the underground (London Transport) to Victoria Railway Station and then the train to Brighton and on to Falmer.
- The Travelcard season ticket for unlimited travel on London Buses and the London Underground was launched on 22 May 1983 by London Transport.
- Easy quick access to transport via London Underground, buses or taxis.
- Deek served as facilitator in the underground railroad operated by bin Laden, arranging the transport of terrorists and explosives.
- Or take the underground from Heathrow to South Kensington then change to the Circle line to Paddington.
- For Wimbledon: from any of the Terminals catch the underground train and get off at South Kensington (journey approx 35 minutes - approx 15 stops).
- Victoria is the busiest station in London, and it services both underground and overground passengers, with a bus station just down the road.
- The Central Park Hotel is a short walk from the station, which is on the Victoria and Piccadilly lines of the London Underground.
- The Earls Court underground station is within walking distance from the hotel and has direct links to London's Heathrow and Gatwick (via Victoria) Airports.
- But he strongly denies that there is any document showing that the underground ordered the "systematic" killing of Jews.".
- The Bialystok ghetto, which originally contained 50,000 Jews, was liquidated on August 16, 1943, following five days of fighting by the Jewish underground.
- Private individuals, religious orders, and institutions set up for this purpose by the Polish Underground State aided Jews.
- On April 30, 1945, as the Battle for Berlin raged and the city was being over-run by Soviet forces, Hitler committed suicide in his underground bunker.
- Popular protest which threatened his popularity, eventually forced Hitler to abandon his euthanasia experiment, or at least take it underground.
- Although etymology indicates that Zeus was originally a sky god, many Greek cities honored a local Zeus who lived underground.
- Here is an alphabetical listing of cities which have a metro (also called underground or subway) system.
- Svirfneblin, or deep gnomes, dwell in cities deep underground.
- Urban rail networks are also well developed in London and several other cities, including the Manchester Metrolink and the London Underground.
- The Victoria line is part of the London Underground system and is a deep-level line running from the south (Zone 2) to the north-east (Zone 3) of London.
- The resulting rift system failed but has remained as an aulacogen (a scar or zone of weakness) deep underground.
- Located in Zone 6, Feltham is the nearest station to Channins Hounslow Hotel London, with Hounslow West the nearest underground station.
- Demeter is the Goddess of the harvest, the fertile ploughed earth, the Corn Mother; Persephone, the Corn Maiden, is the seed planted underground.
- The people thought that the Underworld was underground so the riches of the earth (copper, mining, and gold) come from there.
- Dig Dug" - Originally released in 1982 Equipped with only a shovel and a pump, tunnel your way underground and use the pump to blow up attacking enemies.
- Speed into the anything-goes world of Need for Speed Underground 2 and dominate the tuner racing underground.
- Electronic Arts knows this all too well, and has just signed cover girl Brooke Burke to star in Need For Speed Underground 2.
- Enter the world of urban street racing and high performance tuner cars with the latest title in the hit Need for Speed series: Need for Speed Underground.
- More cheat codes, hints, walkthroughs and tricks for Need for Speed Underground 2 Shop Map can be found at our forum.
- Need for Speed Underground 2 for Game Boy Advance - GameSpot offers reviews, previews, cheats, and more.
- Need for Speed Underground brings this fast and furious world of street racing on to the Game Boy Advance with mostly positive results.
- In the case of the Nubian pyramids, the tombs of owners were usually underground with the pyramid built on top.
- Access to the chamber above this granite roof was by a staircase, which began in an open trench on the north side of the pyramid and descended underground.
- Underground galleries surround the pyramid on all but the south sides.
- At midnight the engineering corps blew up the entrance, opening the passage leading to the underground palace.
- At the entrance to the observatory Stjärneborg located underground, Tycho Brahe built a Ionic portal.
- This will include an expanded interchange with the London Underground and a new entrance on the south bank of the River Thames.
- Woodson's notion of an escape hatch notion proved correct: Indian villages welcomed fugitives, and served as stations on the underground railroad.
- Only a small number of slaves traveled by the organized network of routes, "conductors" and "stations" that came to be known as the Underground Railroad.
- The Motts were abolitionists, and their home became a station on the Underground Railroad, by which Southern slaves escaped to the North.
- He joined the Underground Railroad while in Ripley, leading hundreds of slaves to freedom.
- Brown became a conductor on the Underground Railroad and worked on a Lake Erie steamer ferrying slaves to freedom in Canada.
- In 1995, she won an award (Canadian Radio Television News Directors) for her news serial, Journey to Freedom a look at the Underground Railroad.
- For other meanings, see London Bridge (disambiguation); for the nearby overground and underground railway station, see London Bridge station.
- Our beautiful impressions from the London Hyde Park Corner (Tube) underground railway station, connects from all over the city incl.
- Victoria Station concourse Victoria station is a London Underground and railway station in London, in the City of Westminster.
- Mining techniques can be divided into two common excavation types: surface mining and sub-surface (underground) mining.
- Includes used underground mining equipment, surface drilling equipment and surface mining and earthmvoing equipment.
- Coal: A fossil fuel formed by the breakdown of vegetable material trapped underground without access to air.
- Methane in coal is dangerous, as it can cause coal seam explosions, especially in underground mines, and may cause the coal to spontaneously combust.
- Through this underground, fugitives from slavery also escaped to freedom in the West Indies, Mexico, and Native American territories in Florida and the West.
- He escaped from slavery and went on to try to help others escape on the Underground Railroad, ultimately assisting hundreds to freedom.
- Windsor was a major entry point into Canada for refugees from slavery via the Underground Railroad and a major source of liquor during American Prohibition.
- As a response to the Fugitive Slave Act (1793), abolitionists use the "underground" to assist slaves to escape into Ohio and Canada.
- Assisting "thousands of slaves to leave their homes" through the Underground Railroad.
- Slaves in the United States who escaped ownership would often make their way north to Canada via the " Underground Railroad ".
- World > Countries > Canada > Metro
- Arts > Visual Arts > Design > Mining
* Heavy Rail
* London Underground
* Metro System
* Moscow Metro
* Notting Hill Gate
* Polish Underground
* Rapid Transit Systems
* Robert Crumb
* Travelcard Zone
* Underground Comix
* Underground Mining
* Underground Railway
* Underground Station
* Underground Stations
* Underground Trains
Books about "Underground" in