Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Unicode"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Unicode is a coded character set.
- Unicode is a character repertoire not a font encoding.
- Unicode is a character encoding system for most of the world's characters.
- Unicode is the new international standard for software encoding.
- Unicode is a character repertoire and character code that maintains compatibility with ISO 10646 standard.
- The Unicode Standard, Version 4.0, Reading, MA, Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- The 2 byte (UCS-2) encoding of ISO 10646 is identical to the Unicode standard.
- The Unicode Standard defines the decompositions for all precomposed characters.
- The Unicode Character-Glyph Model.
- A font is composed of glyphs, which are, in turn, mapped to the Unicode character codes.
- In displaying Unicode character data, one or more glyphs may be selected to depict a particular character.
- National character sets are in Unicode only.
- EKI Letter Database - Query character sets, encoding, codepages and Unicode information in an easy-to-use web form.
- Covers code tables, Unicode, HTML and XML and links to other resources and discusses internationalization and localization issues relating to character sets.
- UTF-8 Sampler Examples of the UTF-8 Unicode encoding method demonstrating its ASCII-preserving properties.
- NT internally uses Unicode for character encoding.
- Convert iso-2022-jp into other Japanese character sets such as Shift-JIS, euc-jp, or utf-8 (Unicode) with this component.
- The UCS character set (ISO 10646/Unicode) supports several different encodings, UTF-32, UTF-16, 8 and 7.
- Indic Scripts in Unicode - Covers Unicode support for Devanagari, Bengali, Gurumukhi, Gujarati, Tamil and other Indic character sets.
- Covering UCS-2, UTF-8 Little-Endian, KOI8-R, Win-CP1251, DOS-CP866, ISO-8859-5, Mac-Cyrillic, KOI8-U, ShiftJIS and Unicode Big-Endian encoding systems.
- A character set conversion component for Unicode, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese and all Western languages.
- Please submit sites related to unicode encoding for Indic scripts here.
- On screen keyboard for typing devanagari unicode characters using the INSCRIPT keymap.
- The Unicode Consortium: The Unicode Standard Worldwide Character Encoding.
- Mark Davis is the President of the Unicode Consortium.
- Official FAQ from the Unicode Consortium discussing ISCII and Unicode as well as common problems faced by developers and users.
- Information about Vietnamese Unicode applications, including standards, character encodings, fonts, keyboard drivers, conversion utilities and applications.
- Suite offers conversion utilities from Unicode to non-Unicode Indic fonts and vice versa.
- Advanced Topics on Computing in Greek Information on Greek codepages, Unicode, utilities and Perl scripts from the Hellenic Reources Network.
- Test for Unicode support in web browsers.
- Information for developers of global applications, including multilingual issues, Unicode development, localization and globalization of software.
- The technology used by Windows for multilingual computing is Unicode.
- UTF-8 Conversion Tool Converts between Unicode characters, code points and UTF-8, displayed in various formats.
- Online service that converts ASCII text with simple codes for almost all accents in Romanized scripts to fully accented Unicode 4.0.
- A draft guide to applying Unicode for use with Polytonic (classical) Greek. Includes technical and application notes.
- They build on the Universal Character Set defined by Unicode and ISO/IEC 10646.
- The Unicode Standard and ISO/IEC 10646 support three encoding forms that use a common repertoire of characters.
- Indian Scripts Input System - Unicode compliant freely downloadable software keyboard input methodologies covering most Indian scripts.
- Alpona keyboard Manager is a Unicode enabled Bangla keyboard manager.
- Fontboard - Multilingual fonts and keyboard layouts for Unicode-compliant and pre-Unicode applications.
- VietIME - Java-based cross-platform Vietnamese Unicode input method editor (IME).
- Unicode Fonts for Windows Computers by Alan Wood.
- Draft Unicode FAQ from the Unicode site.
- The FarsiWeb Project - Covers Persian and Farsi scripts in Unicode and other technical information.
- Information on a proposed Unicode standard, including tables and technical information on Cherokee encoding.
- The site also contains an overview of Unicode, technical information on database support and a free demonstration of the software.
- Converts multilingual text between Unicode and other popular character sets.
- Includes lists of the characters in each Unicode range that can be used to test browsers and fonts.
- A concise history of the development of character encoding in Western and East Asian languages, including ASCII, EBCDIC, Unicode and TRON.
- Basis Technology: Presentations and Papers A wide range of articles on Unicode, East Asian localization and Internationalization issues.
- TITUS Browsers test for Unicode compatibility.
- The CJK compatibility zone is specific to Unicode.
- SEE ALSO http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr10/ Q11b.
- They are provided by Unicode Consortium (http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/). However, tables for East Asian encodings are not provided.
- Tables of Hebrew cantillation marks, code values, Unicode information and technical notes.
- Greek Font Unicode Converter A web-based utility to convert from various Greek fonts to Unicode with some technical notes.
- Unicode UTF-16 encoding.
- Fixed-width 32-bit Unicode.
- UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ A comprehensive resource about Unicode and UTF-8 on Unix and Linux systems.
- For an overview of the Unicode Character Database [UCDDoc] Unicode Character Database.
- For information on version numbering, and citing and referencing the Unicode Standard, the Unicode Character Database, and Unicode Technical Reports.
- A short series of tables showing how Unicode translates into an eight bit format.
- Mapping tables are available on the Web at ftp://ftp.unicode.org/.
- Jcode is used to convert between EUC/S-JIS/Unicode using the Unicode EASTASIA character mapping tables.
- We are not limited to some stupid ASCII or Latin1 or Unicode character tables that lack our favorite signs.
- A list of the standard Unicode blocks.
- For the latest version of the Unicode Standard see [Unicode].
- The Unicode Standard specifies the order of characters in a combining character sequence.
- These font formats map Unicode code points to glyphs.
- The CJK character sets take up the bulk of the Unicode code space.
- Additions include the Buginese, CJK Strokes, Ethiopic Extended, Ethiopic Supplement, Supplemental Punctuation and Tifinagh ranges introduced in Unicode 4.1.
- Unicode is presently at version 1.1.
- Lekho : A Bangla Unicode Editor - Plain text Unicode editor for bangla.
- A free Unicode Bengali phonetic keyboard driver for use with Windows 2000 and Windows XP is available from Bangla Unicode Keybord Manager.
- The 8-bit encoding of Unicode.
- The Hebrew Alphabet Details of standard encoding systems such as ISO 8859-8, ISO 10646, SI 1311, SI 1507, Unicode and PC Code Page 862.
- Unicode provides a standard encoding method for Greek and Hebrew.
- Society > Culture > Languages > Language
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Names
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Reference > Symbols
- Computers > Software > Globalization > Character Encoding > Unicode /
Books about "Unicode" in