Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Unix-Like"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A Category can be created for bread & butter "Unix-like operating systems" so that the obscure and run of the mill are still flagged up as UNIX-like.
- There is no formal standard for defining the term, and some difference of opinion is possible as to whether a certain OS is "Unix-like" or not.
- That is, a script written in Python for a Unix-like system will likely run with little or no modification on Windows, because Python also runs on Windows.
- Today, Mac OS X also qualifies as a Unix-like system.
- PersonalJava uses a Unix-like file system for class loading.
- With only six reported exceptions, Perl can be compiled from source code on all Unix-like, POSIX-compliant or otherwise Unix-compatible platforms.
- When referring to the interpreter program itself, the name is often uncapitalised (perl) because most Unix-like file systems are case-sensitive.
- Nemesis is a command-line network packet crafting and injection utility for UNIX-like and Windows systems.
- Since its first release in April of 1993, the Slackware Linux Project has aimed at producing the most "UNIX-like" Linux distribution out there.
- Slackware: Since its first release in April of 1993, the Slackware Linux Project has aimed at producing the most "UNIX-like" Linux distribution out there.
- The program is available for all major operating systems, including Linux and other Unix-like systems, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
- The Viega book has a little more information for Unix-like systems than for Windows systems, but much of it is independent of the kind of system.
- Dennis Ritchie, one of the original creators of UNIX, has expressed his opinion that Unix-like systems such as Linux are de facto UNIX systems.
- Only systems fully compliant with and certified to the Single UNIX Specification qualify as "UNIX®" (others are called "Unix system-like" or " Unix-like ").
- Then along came the "Unix-like" options, Linux and Mac OS X, which rival conventional Unix systems in popularity.
- Editor wars are usually fought between the devotees of vi and Emacs, the two most popular editors on Unix (and Unix-like) operating systems.
- Visitors is a very fast web log analyzer for Linux, Windows, and other Unix-like operating systems.
- GNOME is a computer desktop environment designed to make UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems, such as Linux, easier for non-technical users.
- It is the standard graphical interface on Unix, Unix-like operating systems and OpenVMS, and is available for most other modern operating systems.
- These entries are known as access control entries (ACEs) in the Microsoft Windows NT, OpenVMS, Unix-like, and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Only systems fully compliant with and certified to the Single UNIX Specification qualify as "UNIX" (others are called "UNIX system-like" or Unix-like).
- This document specifies such an interface, for use with UNIX (or UNIX-like) operating systems.
- Information > Information Technology > Computers > Operating Systems
- Information Technology > Computers > Operating Systems > Unix
- Information Technology > Computers > Operating Systems > Linux
- Information Technology > Computers > Operating Systems > Mac Os
- Operating Systems > Linux > Linux Distributions > Slackware
Books about "Unix-Like" in