Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Verification"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Verification is the task of determining whether an implementation satisfies its specification.
- Verification is an important part of the development process, and is accomplished using voice pilot reports and data from research aircraft.
- Verification is a difficult process, largely because even the simplest system has several dozen theorems, each of which has to be proven.
- Verification is the process of determining whether the hypothesis is in accord with empirical evidence, both newly acquired and already existing.
- A verification is given in Chapter 10.
- In automated verification one uses algorithmic techniques to establish the correctness of the design with respect to a given property.
- It has become the key enabling technology in automated verification of both computer hardware and software.
- The verification module also allows the display and visual inspection of the verification results.
- The verification module consists of three components: a pattern-based property editor, a property translator, and a formal verification client (Figure 1).
- The Parma Polyhedra Library: toward a complete set of numerical abstractions for the analysis and verification of hardware and software systems.
- Direct visual verification would certainly put an end to the issue, however there are at least three pieces of hardware on the Moon that are not in dispute.
- Formal verification is the use of decision procedures to completely characterize a design; it is equivalent to exhaustive testing for a particular property.
- Decision procedures for more complicated theories, like linear real and integer arithmetic, are also used in program verification.
- Verification: Methods for proving correctness of sequential programs using first-order reasoning; need for decision procedures.
- More than two decades ago, Pnueli in a seminal work showed the value of temporal logic in the specification and verification of computer programs.
- Description: The use of temporal logic was suggested as a method for formal verification.
- Our Prototype Verification System (PVS) provides rigorous assurance of correctness for mission critical systems.
- Therefore our method is supported by the interactive proof checker PVS (Prototype Verification System).
- Historically, design verification was a laborious, repetitive loop of writing and running simulation test cases against the design under test.
- In this approach to verification, temporal logic specifications are checked by an exhaustive search of the state space of the concurrent system.
- The paper examines the connections between computer security and formal, deductive verification of the properties of computer systems.
- RuleBase is a model checking based formal verification tool, developed by the IBM Haifa Research Laboratory .
- It is our intention in this paper to adapt and apply the notion of patterns to the description of specification of properties for finite-state verification.
- Murphi description language and verifier tool for finite-state verification of concurrent systems.
- In finite-state verification, model checkers examine finite-state machines representing concurrent software systems looking for errors in design.
- In this paper, we address two important problems related to this verification process.
- Simulation here has a different purpose: to get specifications correct as early as possible in the verification process.
- A method for distributed bytecode verification is also provided.
- The main cause of complexity for bytecode verification is subroutines, used by compilers to generate more compact code.
- FIG. 4 is a flowchart of a method 100 for bytecode verification using a securely distributed bytecode verification system in accordance with the invention.
- Spin is also a superb tool for teaching important concepts of computer science such as verification, concurrency and nondeterminism.
- The starting point is a commercial CASE tool, which is augmented by capabilities for formal specification and verification.
- A starting point could be the formal verification of satisfiability provers for DLs.
- When the formal verification tool finishes the verification of the request, it produces the verdict as well as the corresponding witness (or counterexample).
- Formal verification uses theorem proving techniques to establish consistency between one level of formal specification and another.
- Digital signatures are created with encryption software for verification purposes.
- Without certificates, no energy will be consumed for certificates communication and verification, which makes C4W especially energy efficient.
- The verification process for certificates is cumbersome, plus there are administrative and potential monetary costs in obtaining certificates.
- In addition to well-formedness, XML 1.0 offers another level of verification, called validity.
- In deductive verification, the validity of temporal properties is reduced to first-order verification conditions.
- In addition, compared to RSA, DSA is 10 to 40 times slower for signature verification.
- The tasks for anti-virus software that lie beyond detection are verification, quarantine, and disinfection.
- Anti-virus software will often perform a secondary verification after the initial detection of a virus occurs.
- The standard model was in place and its remarkable success at predicting outcomes indicated that its verification was merely a matter of time and details.
- One essential ingredient of the Standard Model, however, still eludes experimental verification: the Higgs field.
- Bell's theorem and its experimental verification restrict the kinds of properties a quantum theory can have.
- According to the paper where the experimental verification is reported [ 61], phosphorylation occurs in a "variant B" which contains this mutation.
- Despite its experimental verification, some scientists find the theory of general relativity implausible and have suggested alternatives.
- Other experiments have provided other forms of verification of General Relativity.
- The fragment imposes constraints on the verification and the falsification conditions in relational models.
- Such approaches require proofs of large numbers of verification conditions.
- And right about now, I'm slowly growing bored by the verification of axioms.
- The Austrian school says that these axioms need no empirical verification.
- Those topics are treated below: they would typically be classified, as verification of properties of the Boolean algebra of subsets of a given universal set.
- Case selection conditions can be used to quickly define subsets of data (e.g., for estimation and verification), and for testing the robustness of results.
- After doing so, you'll be prompted for a new password, which you will need to enter twice for verification purposes.
- Program verification is proving that the proposed implementations are really implementations of the ADTs.
- Includes the use of verification tools, proving code by hand, and other formal processes.
- This monitoring may be particularly useful in cases of dramatic increase in seizure frequency and for verification of compliance.
- The outcome is that the use of formal methods is most useful as an architectural design method, more than as a formal verification of software code.
- This may be useful in an environment were automatic signature verification is desired, as no private key material is required to verify a signature.
- The receiver of the digital signature performs the verification of the digital signature.
- If the integrity verification fails, the receiver MUST destroy all of the plaintext of the content.
- For SEED-CCM however, the sender performs Step 7 before Step 5 and the receiver performs the second half of Step 5 (performs verification) after Step 6.
- A central topic in the thesis is the verification of nexttime-less LTL (linear time temporal logic) formulas.
- The formulas are interpreted over Kripke structures, which can model computation; hence temporal logic is very useful in formal verification.
- The input to the verification process shall be an octet string M, the message; a signer's public key; and a bit string S, the signature.
- To create a forgery, the attacker picks a random signature σ and uses the verification procedure to determine the message m corresponding to that signature.
- If the verification is successful, the message is accepted as authentic.
- Encrypting a message with a public key provides confidentiality, but not signer verification.
- They allow verification of the claim that a given public key does in fact belong to a given individual.
- Any number of people may have knowledge of the public key for verification purposes, without compromising the private key.
- Logics based on regular languages over finite words and #-words o#er a promising but elusive framework for formal specification and verification.
- Abstract: The Temporal Logic of Distributed Actions (TLDA) is a new temporal logic designed for the specification and verification of distributed systems.
- Recent papers suggest it is useful to do validation and verification in a more abstract and formal specification of the system.
- Abstract: Verification of parallel programs is a very important goal on the way to improve the reliability of software.
- Douglas-Guardian Services - US-wide - provides lenders with collateral verification and inspection services.
- Verification of employment Part of the loan process, in which a lender asks the borrower's employer for confirmation of the borrower's position and salary.
- A formal method consists of a mathematical model and methodology to aid in the creation of the specification, design, and verification of a software system.
- This methodology is automated by the Circal System and has been applied to the verification of communication protocols.
- The results obtained give some hints concerning a methodology for the formal verification of real systems.
- Verus allows the formal specification and verification of real-time and other time critical systems.
- Compositional verification of reactive, real-time, and hybrid systems.
- Assurance is generally based on factors such as analysis involving theory, testing, software engineering, validation, and verification.
- The major contribution of our work is blending together a set of features coming from GUI design, compilers, software engineering and formal verification.
- This paper concerns the formal semantics of programming languages, and the specification and verification of software.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Systems
- Encyclopedia of Finance. > Technology > Equipment > Tools
* Article Needs Additional Citations
* Automated Theorem Proving
* Automatic Verification
* Concurrent Systems
* Desktop Systems
* Encryption Operations
* Formal Development
* Formal Specification
* Formal Specifications
* Formal Techniques
* Formal Verification
* Further Observations
* Hardware Verification
* Higher-Order Logic
* Hybrid Systems
* Interval Temporal Logic
* Liveness Properties
* Model Checking
* Object-Oriented Programs
* Program Verification
* Reactive Systems
* Real-Time Systems
* Scientific Validity
* Section Needs Additional Citations
* Signature Verification
* Temporal Logics
* Theorem Prover
* Verification Techniques
* Virtual Machine
Books about "Verification" in