Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "West"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- West is a board member of the International Bridges to Justice, among others.
- West is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc, the oldest fraternity established for African American undergraduates.
- West is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha, the first intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity established for African-Americans.
- West is the son of actors Prunella Scales and Timothy West.
- West was a second cousin of Richard Nixon.
- The village is bordered to its west by Leatherhead, to the north by Ashtead and Langley Vale, Walton-on-the-Hill to the east and to its south by Box Hill.
- The Village is bordered by the hill town of Llantrisant to the east, the Village of Pontyclun to the South and Llanharan a few miles to the West.
- The area of Ynysygwas lies to the east of the village, Brynbryddan to the West and Pwllyglaw to the North.
- It borders on the Atlantic Ocean in the west, on Morocco in the north, on Algeria in the northeast, and on Mauritania in the east and south.
- It borders on Zambia in the west, on Tanzania in the north, and on Mozambique in the east, south, and southwest.
- Thailand shares borders with Myanmar to the west and north, Laos to the northeast, Cambodia to the east, and Malaysia to the south.
- The country is bounded to the north by the Mediterranean Sea, to the west by Tunisia and Algeria, and to the south by Chad and Niger.
- It is bordered by Egypt to the east, Sudan to the south-east, Chad and Niger to the south with Algeria and Tunisia to the west and north-west respectively.
- It is bound to the west by Tunisia and Algeria, the southwest by Niger, the south by Chad and Sudan and to the east by Egypt.
- It borders Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest, and Niger to the west.
- Nigeria shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north.
- Its main tributary, the Benue river, flows west from Cameroon and joins the Niger at the city of Lokoja, Nigeria.
- In the west the country is bordered by Liberia and Guinee Conakry, in the north by Mali and Burkina Faso and in the east by Ghana.
- The Upper Guinean forests extend from Sierra Leone and Guinea in the west through Liberia, Côte d'Ivoire, and Ghana to Togo in the east.
- Mali to the north, Niger to the east, Benin to the south east, Togo and Ghana to the south, and Côte d'Ivoire to the south west.
- Griffin Park is a football ground situated on Braemar Road in Brentford in the London Borough of Hounslow, south west London.
- Hounslow is part of the Borough of Hounslow located in South West London.
- Towards the outer edge of west London lies the borough of Hounslow, the result of the 1965 merging of Feltham, Isleworth and Brentford & Chiswick.
- Putney Bridge is a bridge crossing of the River Thames in west London, linking Putney on the south side with Fulham to the north.
- Located in the heart of West London with easy access to all areas of London and the surrounding countryside.
- Covering North, South, East and West London we provide local removal services for household and business removals.
- The City of Westminster is a London borough with city status, situated to the west of the City of London and north of the River Thames.
- It extended from Wanstead Flats in the north to the River Thames in the south and from Green Street in the west to Barking Creek in the east.
- It lies immediately east of the town of Hounslow and west of the River Thames and its tributary the River Crane.
- It lies on the west bank of the River Thames and is situated 25.7 miles (41.3 km) west of Charing Cross in London.
- The town is situated 21 miles (34 km) west of Charing Cross andimmediately south of the River Thames, which forms its boundary with Eton.
- It is located 8.4 miles (13.5 km) south east of Charing Cross and 1.75 miles (2.8 km) west of Bromley town.
- The Natuna Islands are a small archipelago of Indonesia, located in the South China Sea between east and west Malaysia, Kalimantan and Singapore.
- Country in Southeast Asia consisting of West Malaysia on the Malay Peninsula (extending south of Thailand) and East Malaysia on the island of Borneo.
- Besides the official Malay language spoken throughout East and West Malaysia, there are a number of Malay dialects spoken in certain regions of the country.
- Indonesia is surrounded by the South China Sea, the Celebes Sea, and the Pacific Ocean to the north, and by the Indian Ocean to the south and west.
- The republic is bounded on the east by the Philippine Sea, on the south by the Celebes Sea, and on the west by the South China Sea.
- It is surrounded by the South China Sea on the east, south, and west, and borders the Guangdong city of Shenzhen to the north over the Shenzhen River.
- The main areas of concern for the England and London are the North, West, North East and East.
- Wales (; pronounced) is a country that is part of the United Kingdom, bordered by England to its east, and the Atlantic Ocean and Irish Sea to its west.
- Generally speaking, the Norwegians expanded to the north and west, the Dane s to England and France, settling in the Danelaw, and the Swede s to the east.
- Devon is a large county in South West England, bordered by Cornwall to the west, and Dorset and Somerset to the east.
- Cornwall (Cornish:) is a county in South West England, United Kingdom, on the peninsula that lies to the west of the River Tamar and Devon.
- Scotland, the Isle of Man, Wales and a part of south west England are visible to the east.
- Great Britain, consisting of a large island and a number of smaller ones, comprises England, Scotland to the north, and Wales to the west.
- Geography England comprises most of the southern half of the island of Great Britain, bordered to the north by Scotland and to the west by Wales.
- Prehistoric monuments in the area include an ancient stone circle to the north, one of the few in the west of Scotland.
- Northern Ireland is bounded on the north and northeast by the North Channel, on the southeast by the Irish Sea, and on the south and west by Ireland.
- Christianity is thought to have come from three directions—from Rome to the south, and Scotland and Ireland to the north and west.
- The island of Ireland, named Hibernia by the Romans, is 485km (301 miles) from North to South and 275km (171 miles) from East to West.
- West Africa is west of an imagined north-south axis lying close to 10° east longitude.
- Malawi  is a country in Africa, bordered by Mozambique to the south and east, Tanzania to the north, Zambia to the west.
- Niger is located in West Africa and is a land-locked country bordered by Algeria, Libya, Chad, Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso and Mali.
- Arm of the Atlantic Ocean, bordered by the West Indies to the north and east, South America to the south, and Central America to the west.
- It migrates from the west coast of Africa to islands in the West Indies and back each year (4500 km each way).
- Two groups of islands in the West Indies, bounding the Caribbean Sea on the north and east, respectively.
- It borders England via the Welsh Marches to the east and the Irish Sea via Cardigan Bay to the west (West Wales is to the south-west).
- Amroth is a holiday resort village, 7 miles (11 km) east of Tenby, Pembrokeshire in West Wales, noted for long sandy beach.
- Cenarth is a village, parish and community in Carmarthenshire, adjoining the Cenarth Falls, bordering Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire, West Wales.
- Situated on the South West coast of Africa, its borders include Angola, Botswana and South Africa, as well as the Caprivi Strip in the far North East.
- Between the Welsh resorts, Amroth and Tenby, on the south west coast of Wales, you will find Saundersfoot - Pembrokeshire.
- Situated on the south west coast, nine miles (14km) west of Puerto Rico, Puerto Morgan is one of the more up-market resorts on Gran Canaria.
- The lake is between the provinces of East Azarbaijan and West Azarbaijan, west of the southern portion of the similarly shaped Caspian Sea.
- With an area of 43,660 square: kilometers, including Orumyeh lake, the province of West Azarbaijan is located on the north-west of Iran.
- The province of West Azarbaijan covers an area of 39,487 km², or 43,660 km² including Lake Urmia.
- It shares borders with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to the south, Jordan to the west, Syria to the northwest, Turkey to the north, and Iran to the east.
- It borders on Afghanistan and Iran in the south, Uzbekistan in the east and northeast, Kazakhstan in the northwest, and the Caspian Sea in the west.
- Republic in southwestern Asia, bordered to the north by Georgia and Russia, to the east by the Caspian Sea, to the south by Iran, and to the west by Armenia.
- The Aegean Islands are a group of islands in the Aegean Sea, with mainland Greece to the west and north and Turkey to the east.
- The countries and islands of the Caribbean are located to the south and east of Mexico and to the north and west of Venezuela, South America.
- To the north of it are the island of Agathonissi, to the west the islands of Lipsi, Patmos and Leros, and to the south the islands of Kalymnos and Pserimos.
- The islands are washed by the China Sea on the north and the west, the Pacific Ocean on the east, and the Sea of Celebes on the south.
- It is bounded on the north by Nicaragua, on the east by the Caribbean Sea, on the southeast by Panama, and on the south and west by the Pacific Ocean.
- The country is bounded on the south by the Pacific Ocean, on the west by Guatemala, and on the north and east by Honduras.
- The Manor Town House is a Guest House situated on the spectacular and beautiful coast of Pembrokeshire in the west of Wales.
- Tenby is the leading holiday resort in the lovely county of Pembrokeshire in South West Wales in the far west of the United Kingdom.
- On a clear day, the view extends as far as the Preseli Hills in Pembrokeshire to the south, while the whole expanse of Cardigan Bay opens out to the west.
- Tenby (Welsh: Dinbych-y-Pysgod, "village of fish") is a town in Pembrokeshire, west Wales, lying on Carmarthen Bay.
- Tenby (Welsh: Dinbych-y-Pysgod, "fortlet of the fishes") is a town in Pembrokeshire, west Wales, lying on Carmarthen Bay.
- There is widespread agreement that the land to the west of the Loughor bridge and the border of Swansea and Carmarthenshire is in West Wales.
- Indonesia is an archipelago in Southeast Asia, located between the Indian Ocean on the west and south and the Pacific Ocean on the east and north.
- The Philippines lie to the northwest, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Melanesia to the west and south, and Polynesia to the east.
- This point are important part to meassure how long the Republic of Indonesia when it streched from west to east over 12,000 island.
- The province of Jambi shares borders with Riau to the north, West Sumatra and Bengkulu to the west and South Sumatra to the south.
- It is on the southwest coast of the island of Sumatra, and borders the provinces of West Sumatra, Jambi, South Sumatra and Lampung.
- Padang is the capital and largest city of West Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Cascavel is a city of the Brazil located in the west of the state of Paraná with a population of approximately 272.243 people.
- It is bounded by the U.S. state of Alaska to the west, and the Canadian Northwest Territories to the east and British Columbia to the south.
- But following the war of 1948-49, this land was divided into three parts: the state of Israel, the West Bank (of the Jordan River) and the Gaza Strip.
- It is bounded by jessore district on the north, the bay of bengal on the south, khulna district on the east, Pargana district of west bengal on the west.
- Bihar is a landlocked state that has borders with Nepal in the north, Uttar Pradesh on the west, Jharkhand on the south and West Bengal on the east.
- Bangaon (Bengali: বনগাঁ) is a city and a municipality in North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India.
- They were informally known as " West Germany " and " East Germany " and the two parts of Berlin as " West Berlin " and " East Berlin ".
- East Berlin became the capital of the GDR (East Germany), while West Berlin remained a West German enclave surrounded by the Berlin Wall from 1961-1989.
- The GDR sealed the borders to the FRG in 1952, but people continued to flee from East to West Berlin.
- West Berlin was now de facto a part of West Germany with a unique legal status, while East Berlin was de facto a part of East Germany.
- As West Berlin remained part of the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) the capital was the cause of great conflict.
- East Germany sealed the borders to West Germany in 1952, but people continued to flee from East Berlin to West Berlin.
- The Yellow Sea and the Korea Bay are off the west coast and the Sea of Japan (also called East Sea of Korea) is off the east coast.
- It partly separates the Bo Hai (Gulf of Chihli) on the west from Korea Bay on the east.
- To the west, is the Yellow Sea, to the south is the East China Sea, and to the east is the Sea of Japan (East Sea).
- The city faces the Yellow Sea on the east and south, and adjoins the cities of Yantai, Rizhao and Weifang to the northeast, southwest and west respectively.
- To the west, across the Yellow Sea, lies China (People's Republic of China) and to the southeast, across the Korea Strait, lies Japan.
- It borders on Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, Niger in the north and the Gulf of Guinea in the south.
- Nigeria borders the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, Niger in the north and the Gulf of Guinea in the south.
- It is bounded on the east by Ghana, on the north by Burkina Faso and Mali, and on the west by Guinea and Liberia.
- Benin is situated in West Africa and is bounded to the east by Nigeria, to the north by Niger and Burkina Faso, and to the west by Togo.
- It is on the southern coast of West Africa (Gulf of Guinea) between Cote d'Ivoire on the west and Togo on the east.
- Benin is a small country in west Africa just west of Nigeria, on the coast.
- The village is on the A836 road some 12 mile s west of the town of Thurso and 3 miles west of Dounreay.
- The sluggish Almendares River traverses the city from south to north, entering the Straits of Florida a few miles west of the bay.
- It lies on the River Thames and is situated 25.7 miles west of Charing Cross in London.
- It is bordered by Niger in the east, Benin in the southeast, Togo and Ghana and Ivory Coast in the south, and in the west and north by Mali.
- It borders on Mali in the west and north, on Niger in the northeast, on Benin in the southeast, and on Togo, Ghana, and Côte d'Ivoire in the south.
- Country in northeastern Africa bordered by Sudan to the north and west, Ethiopia to the south, Djibouti to the southeast, and the Red Sea to the east.
- East lies Turkey 's west coast (Ayvalık and Çanakkale coasts), while west lies the central Aegean Sea.
- Bethel (Mamterillirmuit in Central Alaskan Yup'ik) is a city located near the west coast of the U.S. state of Alaska, 340 miles (550 km) west of Anchorage.
- St. Kilda lies in the Atlantic Ocean, ten miles off the west coast of Scotland, and west of the Outer Hebrides; the inhabitants spoke Gaelic.
- The district is bounded by the districts of Kannur to the north, Wayanad to the east, and Malappuram to the south, and by the Arabian Sea in the west.
- The land of India comprises the narrow coastal strip bounded by the Western Ghats n the east and the Arabian Sea on the west.
- Kerala is bordered by the Arabian Sea in the west, Karnataka in the north and northeast, and Tamil Nadu and Western Ghats in the east.
- The United States, France, and Britain supported the free market democracy in the west (West Germany).
- The increasing prosperity of West Germany and growing political oppression in the East led large numbers of East Germans to flee to the West.
- The country has borders with Poland to the north, Germany to the northwest and west, Austria to the south, and Slovakia to the east.
- Under the terms of the treaty between West and East Germany, Berlin again became the capital of the reunited Germany.
- From the mid-1970s, East Germany remained poised between East and West.
- The country had been split up after World War II into West and East Germany, but was re-united in 1990.
- This species is seen off the north and west coasts of Scotland, west coast of Ireland, Irish Sea and south-west England.
- The construction and design of the currach is unique to the west coasts of Ireland and Scotland, with variations in size and shape by region.
- Ejby municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Funen County on the north and west coasts of the island of Funen in southern Denmark.
- Kilkieran (Irish: Cill Chiaráin) is a village in County Galway, Republic of Ireland, located in the west of the county, along the west coast of Ireland.
- Pie is good (Apple is the best) 00:12, 22 September 2008 (UTC) West coast, south of the Cape Verde islands and west of Senegal.
- The west coast of the Korean Peninsula is bounded by the Korea Bay to the north and the Yellow Sea to the south; the east coast is bounded by the East Sea.
- It is bordered on the north by Zambia, on the northeast and east by Mozambique, on the south by South Africa, and on the southwest and west by Botswana.
- This Kingdom, one of the smallest in the world is bordered in the east by Mozambique and in the southeast, south, west and north by South Africa.
- A small, land-locked Kingdom, Swaziland is bordered in the North, West and South by the Republic of South Africa and by Mozambique in the East.
- The North West Province has to its west an international border with Botswana, which is formed by a cadastral boundary and the Molopo River.
- This meeting was held in the captivating Vredefort Dome area, west of Parys, on the borders of the Orange Free State and the North West Province.
- The province no longer exists, and its territory now forms the provinces of Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga and part of the North West Province.
- Neighboring municipalities with land connection are Ørbæk to the north, Ryslinge to the northwest, Egebjerg to the west, and Svendborg to the south.
- Neighboring municipalities with land connection are Nørre Alslev to the west, Nykøbing Falster to the south west, and Sydfalster to the south.
- Neighboring municipalities with land connection are Maribo and Holeby to the west, Nysted to the south, and Nykøbing Falster to the southeast.
- Matter > Liquids > Water > East
- Population > Settlements > Cities > City
* Area West
* Atlantic Ocean
* Gaza Strip
* Mediterranean Sea
* Neighboring Municipalities
* North West
* South West
* West Bank
* West Country
* West Croydon
* West Sea
* West Side
Books about "West" in