Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Whale Song"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A whale song is the collection of noises made by whales to communicate.
- Whale song was the main plot device in the book Fluke, or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore.
- Whale song is an astonishing world of sound whose existence no one suspected before the 1960s.
- Whale Song is a haunting tale of change and choice.
- Whale Song is an poignant and emotional book by Canadian author Cheryl Kaye Tardif.
- Previous research has suggested that the blue whale song is produced only by males, and appears to be sung when the whales are traveling.
- He sang the Pearl Jam song "Whale Song" which was on their collection of B-sides entitled Lost Dogs.
- ESC students studied Whale Song as part of their English studies.
- The purpose of whale song was the main plot device in the book Fluke, or I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore.
- For the past 2 or so months, Whale Song has been competing for Erin's 2007 Book Cover of the Year award.
- This may make Whale Song the first novel to feature actual ads at the back.
- Whale song Main article (along with other whale species): whale song.
- Toothed whales do not make the long, low-frequency sounds known as the whale song.
- For many kilometres across the waters these mammals communicate with one another by means of whale song.
- The whale song which is a specialized communication system can spread for many kilometres under the sea.
- Scientists are still unsure of the purpose of whale song.
- Some scientists have proposed that humpback whale song may serve an echolocative purpose, but has been subject to disagreement.
- Suzuki said that information theory also enabled the researchers to determine how much information can be conveyed in a whale song.
- External links A detailed analysis of the form and function of the Humpback whale song from researchers of the University at Buffalo.
- The Noah and the Whale song "Jocasta" has lyrics which may reference to the myth of Oedipus; e.g.
- Each whale team also had to discover what their whale sounds like and then sing their whale song.
- In their seminal work, Payne and McVay (1971) described the structure of humpback whale song as a succession of four to seven themes.
- Vocalization See also: Whale song In contrast to toothed whales, baleen whales are unlikely to echo-locate.
- But every record collection needs one whale song and Songs of the Humpback Whale represents the first and the best.
- Last year, while getting ready for the release of Whale Song, I was so inspired by the story that I wrote a song.
- Whale song is the sound made by whale s to communicate.
- The sounds that whales make are called “whale song,” and the songs of this entire species are always in perfect pitch.
- Whale song is the sound made by whales to communicate.
- Whales also communicate with each other using lyrical sounds, called whale song.
- Whale song in fiction The song of Humpback Whales was a significant plot element of the film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
- Whale song in fiction *The song of Humpback Whale s was a significant plot element of the film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
- They have been known to generate about 20,000 acoustic watts of sound at 163 decibels. For the Pearl Jam song, see Whale Song (song).
- Marine Mammals > Cetaceans > Baleen Whales > Humpback Whale
- Mammals > Marine Mammals > Cetaceans > Toothed Whales
- Arts > Music > Songs > Song
- Whale Species
Books about "Whale Song" in