Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Winters"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Winters is the author of two books of poems, The Key to the City and the new The Displaced of Capital, published 18 years apart.
- Winters are cold with plenty of snow; summers are usually warm and dry; spring and autumn are usually cool with fog normal at harvest time.
- Winters are bitterly cold and dry, and summers are warm, sometimes hot, and frequently humid.
- Winters are cool but mild and summers are warm but considerably less humid and hot than more northerly parts of South Africa's east coast.
- Winters are cool, cloudy and wet, summers are hot, clear and dry.
- Regions having a subarctic climate (also called boreal climate) are characterized by long, usually very cold winters, and brief, warm summers.
- Chaparral is found in regions with a Mediterranean climate, characterized by hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters.
- Afghanistan has clearly defined seasons; summers are hot and winters can be bitterly cold.
- In the subarctic and tundra climates, winters are long, dark, and cold, and the other seasons are short.
- Seasons are divided into short, moist, and moderately warm summers and long, cold, and dry winters.
- It enjoys mild winters, a short spring and autumn and long, hot summers.
- Bahrain enjoys mild winters and endures very hot, humid summers.
- Winters can be mild and wet with snow in the mountains.
- Winters can get down to freezing but snow is rare, apart from in the mountains.
- Climate: Generally moderate; mild on the Black Sea coast with cold winters in the mountains.
- However, winters can be cold and snowy, especially inland.
- Inland is the larger geographic region with a moderate continental climate, marked by hot summers and cold, snowy winters.
- Areas farther north than this, inland, or at a higher elevation, fall into the humid continental climate category with harsher winters.
- Ooty, as it is popularly known, spreads over 36 square miles, and the temperature ranges from 25 degree celsius in summers, to near freezing in winters.
- Winters are not much better, and at night the temperature can fall well below zero.
- Winters are short and mild with day time temperatures bottoming in January at 15°C, and night times dipping just below freezing.
- The annual average temperature is of 10.6°C (July average 21°C; January average -2°C). Summers are not excessively hot and winters are mild.
- Winters are quite mild seeing its lowest average low temperature in January at -3°C. Snow is to be expected but rarely settles for long.
- The coastal areas of Turkey bordering the Mediterranean Sea have a temperate Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet and cold winters.
- While the coastal areas enjoy milder climates, the inland Anatolian plateau experiences extremes of hot summers and cold winters with limited rainfall.
- Inland regions typically have hotter summers and colder winters than coastal areas as they are less influenced by the ocean currents and winds.
- The climatic conditions in Agia Paraskevi are typically Mediterranean: summers are hot and dry, and winters are mild.
- South Australia 's coastal climate is Mediterranean with warm to hot summers & cool but mild winters.
- The climate is Mediterranean, with hot dry summers and mild wet winters.
- Tasmania 's weather is temperate with warm, dry summers and cool, crisp winters, with the coldest month being July.
- This is central Iowa where we can have some real extremes in weather, sub-zero winters, summers with many days over 90 in temp and humidity.
- The city has cold winters but its weather is fine in the other three seasons.
- Macau has hot, humid summers; cool, dry autumns; and comparatively mild and dry winters with no frost.
- In the east a continental climate is dominant, characterized by cold winters with frost, long periods of snow cover and warm summers with thunderstorms.
- Winters are here and this means getting your car off the parking space is going to be a lot painful, especially with all that frost on the windscreen.
- Checking back over spring's pattern, let's see which springs in the 13 winters studied, if any, resembled this past spring.
- Springs following wet winters and falls were also five to six times more likely to have multiple tornado days than antecedent drought years.
- Spring and autumn are highly variable seasons, and winters are long and cold.
- Kermanshah experiences rather cold winters and there are usually rainfalls in fall and spring.
- Shelter is never provided for stock, for, in the spring, after one of these mild winters, they are in as good order as if put up and fed with hay all winter.
- It has a continental climate, with long, severe winters of 6 or 7 months.
- In the northeastern portion of this belt, long and severe winters frequently bring the world's coldest temperatures for inhabited areas.
- Severe winters can ice the regions around Denmark and southern Sweden, and on rare cases the whole sea is frozen, such as in 1942.
- The climate is like the tundra in the sense that it has long, severe winters that last up to 6 months.
- Most of Italy enjoys a Mediterranean climate; however, that of Sicily is subtropical, and in the Alps there are long and severe winters.
- The mountainous interior, especially in the north, has severe winters and mild summers.
- While the wet-winter, dry-summer precipitation pattern prevails in these cities, winters there are relatively dry by Mediterranean climate standards.
- Stepantsminda’s climate is moderately humid with relatively dry, cold winters and long and cool summers.
- Gansu has a generally semi-arid to arid, continental climate, with warm summers and very cold winters.
- The winters are generally colder and drier the further north you travel.
- However, summers are usually mild to hot and drier than the winters which are mild to cold.
- The extreme southwest, around San Diego, has a semi-arid warm steppe climate (Koppen BSh) as winters are drier there.
- Climate: Shandong has a warm-temperate monsoonal climate, with hot, rainy summers and dry, sunny winters.
- Dry, sunny winters (April-October), summer rains (November-March) except in southwest, where rainfall yearround; average annual rainfall 484 millimeters.
- This is particularly true for winters, which are either wet, of the oceanic type, or - less often - sunny, of the continental type.
- In this region, summers shorten and are cooler, and winters become longer and colder toward the north parts of this zone.
- The climate of the region is temperate continental, with mild and warm summers, refreshed by the wind coming down the Balkan Mountain, and snowy winters.
- The climate of this region is tropical with hot summers and cold winters.
- Winters in the highveld are typically beautiful and sunny during the day with chilly mornings and evenings while the lowveld winters are always warm.
- On the Highveld, there is less rain and winters tend to be cooler.
- They could have collected burning branches of trees that had been set alight by lightning after dry winters on the highveld".
- Winters are fairly mild, but damp and overcast; average January highs are 9°C. Chongqing has one of the lowest sunshine totals annually in China.
- Apart from being rather wet, winters are fairly mild but often tempered by days of brilliant blue skies and warm clear evenings.
- Azarbaijan Province in North-Western Iran is a mountainous region and the winters are very cold.
- The mountainous region of the Albanian Alps is characterised by cold winters and chilly summers.
- The winters are mild with the lowest temperatures being registered in the mountainous regions, but an average temperature of 7.5 °C.
- The high and mountainous regions of the country enjoy cold and snowy winters and mild summers.
- In the north, cold Alpine winters are followed by warm, wet summers, except in the Po Valley, where arid summers contrast with freezing, damp winters.
- Finally, the Temperate type affects Central Macedonia and East Macedonia and Thrace; it features cold, damp winters and hot, dry summers.
- The climate is temperate with cold, damp winters and hot, dry summers.
- Therefore, these areas have hot and dry summers and cold and damp winters.
- Bulgaria has a temperate climate, with cool and damp winters, very hot and dry summers, and Mediterranean influence along the Black Sea coast.
- With four distinct seasons, winters in Reno are mild and summers offer warm days and cool nights.
- Winters on Cable Beach are dry with warm, sunny days averaging about 28C & cool nights.
- Winters are mild with little rainfall.
- Mendoza has very dry summers with wetter winters.
- El Niño has been linked to wetter, colder winters in the United States; drier, hotter summers in South America and Europe; and drought in Africa.
- Ashdod has a mediterranean climate with hot summers, pleasant spring and fall, and cool, rainy winters.
- The city falls within the region of the Marine West Coast climate that is characterized by dry but warm summers and temperate but rainy winters.
- These areas have a hot summer with mild, rainy winters.
- Winters usually mean snow or rain in Stavanger although going into the mountains will ensure snow.
- There are 4 distinct seasons in the city, with plenty of rain in early spring and autumn, and good snow in winters.
- Winters are mild with some rain and only occasional quick-melting falls of snow on the Kyrenia Mountain range.
- The weather in Crete is characterized by mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers.
- Thrace and the south and west coasts of Anatolia have a Mediterranean climate with mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers.
- Ashdod has a mediterranean climate with hot summers, pleasant spring and autumn, and cool, rainy winters.
- E - Polar Climates: with extremely cold winters and summers.
- This region features long and extremely cold winters and brief, mild summers with relatively little precipitation.
- Tibet has cool summers and extremely cold winters, being a vast upland plateau surrounded by some of the highest mountains in the world.
- This is very common in countries which have cold, cloudy winters and little daylight or sunshine.
- Liechtenstein has a continental climate featuring cold, cloudy winters with frequent snow or rain, making the country a moderately popular ski destination.
- Winters are cloudy and cold in the interior, with the coastal regions being relatively temperate.
- In addition to its rugged mountains, the area is known for severe winters with heavy snowfalls.
- The climate of Bitlis can be harsh, with long winters and heavy snowfalls.
- Nihonkai (日本海)or Sea of Japan: The northwest seasonal wind in winters give heavy snowfalls.
- In the northwest, winters are cold with heavy snowfall and subfreezing temperatures during December and January.
- Heavy snowfall and steep fall in temperature, makes many areas in the region inaccessible during the winters.
- The Pyrenees see winters with temperatures way below freezing and heavy snowfall.
- All regions with Mediterranean climates have relatively mild winters, but summer temperatures are variable depending on the region.
- It is usually wetter than the subtropical climate, and very snowy during the winters.
- The southern part of the province, including Panzhihua, has a sunny, subtropical climate with very mild winters and hot summers.
- Adaptation: Pomegranates prefer a semi-arid mild-temperate to subtropical climate and are naturally adapted to regions with cool winters and hot summers.
- Climate Temperate semi-humid climate with brief springs and autumns and long summers and winters.
- The climate of this area is more moderate, with cold winters, mild springs and autumns and hot summers.
- Hungary has cold winters and hot summers; springs and autumns are short.
- The coastal regions, where Tel Aviv and Haifa are located, have a typical Mediterranean climate with cool, rainy winters and hot, dry summers.
- The climate is Mediterranean (Köppen climate classification Csa), with mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers.
- North of the Negev, Israel enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with long, hot, dry summers and short, cool, rainy winters.
- The land above 800 m has a continental climate: winters are mild with an average temperature of 7 °Cwhile the summer temperature is about 24 °C.
- Climate: Bulgaria has a continental climate, with cool and damp winters, very hot and dry summers, and Mediterranean influence along the Black Sea coast.
- The Czech Republic has a temperate, continental climate with relatively hot summers and cold, cloudy winters, usually with snow.
- Dry, long, hot summers and short, warm, rainy winters are climatic characteristics of Fethiye.
- London has a temperate climate, with warm but seldom hot summers, cool but rarely severe winters.
- CLIMATE: Bahrain has an arid desert climate characterized by very hot summers with high humidity while winters are relatively cooler.
- Winters are severe with snowstorms, strong winds, and bitter cold from Continental Polar or Arctic air masses.
- The Faroe Islands generally have cool summers and mild winters, with a usually overcast sky and frequent fog and strong winds.
- Over the years, however, storms and hard winters have frequently disrupted ferry services across the Great Belt.
- Wet winters, climate change, storms on the way.
- Along the Mediterranean coastline the climate is less extreme, with warm summers and mild, moist winters.
- Normal weather is cold winters, mild summers; moist winters, moist summers.
- Normal weather is mild winters, mild summers; very moist winters, moist summers.
- Atmosphere > Atmospheric Sciences > Meteorology > Climate
* Cold Winters
* Dry Winters
* Freezing Winters
* Harsh Winters
* Long Winters
* Mild Winters
* Moderate Winters
* Warm Winters
* Wet Winters
* Winters Cold
* Winters Mild
Books about "Winters" in