Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Xacml"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- XACML is a standard language for expressing access control, or authorization, policy, and a standard format for expressing queries over these policies.
- XACML is a standard for secure information access using Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- XACML is an initiative to develop a standard for access control and authorization systems.
- XACML is a specification that defines an access control mechanism based on Xml documents.
- XACML is used to represent and evaluate access control policies.
- XACML has been extended to support the override mechanism.
- XACML includes a policy language and a query language that results in a Permit, Deny, Intermediate (error in query) or Not Applicable response.
- Some other interesting points for XACML is that a single language must be learned to define AccessControl policies for any project.
- At the root of XACML is a concern with access policies -- what XACML refers to as a Policy or a PolicySet.
- XPointers and XPaths are defined within tags in the XML resource that inform the parser to check the XACML policies and where to find them.
- My favourite feature of XACML is the how powerfull the language is, and of course very extensible (funtions, data types, combination algorithms, etc).
- This information is then delivered to an application designed to process it with the intended goal of using XACML to allow or deny access to an XML resource.
- The access to location information (as XML objects) can be controlled by XACML policies.
- Authorization may be implemented using Role based access control, access control lists or a policy language such as XACML.
- XACML receives a SAML request to determine if access should be granted to a resource based on rule sets, or policies, that are defined by the provider.
- XACML stands for Extensible Access Control Markup Language, and its primary goal is to standardize access control language in XML syntax.
- Standard Language
- Society > Security > Computer Security > Access Control
- Society > Security > Computer Security > Authorization
- Standard Format
- Extensible Markup Language
Books about "Xacml" in