Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Yarn"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A Yarn is also a type of story.
- A yarn is also a type of long and involved story, such as a shaggy dog story or a campfire yarn.
- The yarn is used for weaving alpaca linings and light coatings for warm climates.
- Yarn is a long continuous length of interlocked fibers, suitable for use in the production of textiles, sewing, knitting, weaving and ropemaking.
- Yarn is any fiber used to construct a fabric.
- Chinese Fabric Sourcing - Internet trading of yarn and batch dyed, and printed and finished fabrics for apparel and furnishing.
- Design and manufacture of woven, yarn and batch dyed,and printed bathroom and beach towels, from cotton.
- Manufacturers of jacquard and dobby woven, printed, or yarn and batch dyed terry towels, and table and bed linens, from cotton and linen.
- Manufacturers of raw white and solution dyed viscose staple fiber for yarn spinning and nonwovens production.
- Polyester staple fiber for yarn spinning.
- Filament yarn consists of filament fibers twisted together.
- Manufacturers of staple fibers for yarn spinning and nonwovens production, from virgin and recycled, bottlegrade polyester chips.
- This is easier than plying from balls because there is less chance for the yarn to become tangled and knotted if it is simply unwound from the bobbins.
- Yarns are made up of any number of plys, each ply being a single thread these threads being twisted (plied) together to make the final yarn.
- These singles are then used to create the finished yarn in a process known as plying.
- The creation of two-ply yarn requires two separate spools of singles and either a lazy kate or something to hold the spools in place.
- In the United States, balls of yarn are usually sold in three- ounce, four-ounce, six-ounce, and eight-ounce skeins.
- Eventually the bulk of the cop will start getting in the way of spinning easily, and the yarn can be wound off into a skein or ball.
- Depending on the direction of this final twist, the yarn will be known as s-twist or z-twist.
- Organdy - A stiffened, sheer, lightweight plain weave fabric, with a medium to high yarn count.
- Under the cotton system, the cover factor is the ratio of the number of threads per inch to the square root of the cotton yarn count.
- For wool yarns the yarn count is often given as Nm.
- Lubricants, anti-static agents and spin finishes for carding, topmaking, yarn spinning, and warping and beaming.
- Design and manufacture of rotary and razor blade chenille yarn spinning frames, and specialty spinning frames for fancy yarns.
- Techniques for collecting and twisting the fibres into a yarn include rotor spinning and friction spinning.
- When working with shorter hairs, such as llama or angora rabbit, the spinner may choose to integrate longer fibers, such as mohair, to prevent yarn breakage.
- All of the yarn was spun on a takli spindle and then plied on my Reeves wheel.
- Often a spinner will spin using a combination of both techniques, and thus make a semi-worsted yarn.
- Take-up (Twist) - the change in length of a filament, yarn, or cord caused by twisting, expressed as a percentage of the original (untwisted) length.
- Monofilament yarn: a yarn consisting of a single filament.
- The carriage is movable and it carries the spindles which draft and spin the roving into the yarn.
- FA.NI Textile Devices - Yarn break sensors and roving stop devices for ring spinning machines.
- Another example is the boucle, which is a yarn where one strand is held loosely and allowed to make loops on the other yarn while plying.
- The number of turns about its axis per unit of length observed in a yarn or other textile strand.
- Twist Multiplier - The ratio of turns per inch to the square root of the yarn count.
- Tightness of twist is measured in TPI (twists per inch or turns per inch) Two or more spun yarns may be twisted together or plied to form a thicker yarn.
- Jaya Shree Textiles - manufacturers of linen yarn, worsted yarns, synthetic yarns, fabrics etc.
- Ragg is a sturdy wool fiber made into yarn and used in many rugged applications like gloves.
- The mule produced strong, but thin yarn, which was suitable for any kind of textile.
- As machine carders cannot card wool in the grease, pre-carded yarn generally isn't spun in the grease.
- An industrial finishing process that takes off natural and artificial impurities from yarn or fabric.
- A device for winding hanks of yarn.
- Rapier woven, batch and yarn dyed terry towels and bathrobes, from cotton.
- Density A measure of how tightly the yarn is stitched into the primary backing.
- Chambray usually has yarn dyed yarns in the warp direction, and white yarns in the filling direction.
- We also sell naturally dyed silk yarn and hemp yarn suitable for weft and warp, handspinning fiber, and books and articles about dyeing with natural dyes.
- Woolen Woolen is the name of a yarn and cloth usually made from wool.
- The ribbed effect is created by weaving a finer silk or manufactured warp yarn with a heavier filler yarn, usually made of cotton, wool, or waste yarn.
- A float is the portion of a yarn that crosses over two or more yarns from the opposite direction.
- A woolen yarn, in contrast, is handspun from a rolag, where the fibers are not as strictly aligned to the yarn created.
- Sleying is the process of threading the warp yarn through the reed.
- In order to make textiles, the first requirement is a source of fibre from which a yarn can be made, primarily by spinning.
- The price of yarn fell, angering the large spinning community in Blackburn.
- Short and long fiber cotton for yarn spinning and nonwoven waddings.
- The warp was originally made of flax ( linen) until the spinning process was refined enough to provide strong cotton yarn.
- Spinning A spinning wheel used to make yarn.
- Matter > Materials > Textiles > Fibers
- Nature > Matter > Materials > Textiles
- Science > Industry > Manufacturing > Clothing
- Life > Animals > Sheep > Knitting
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Arts
Books about "Yarn" in