Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Zone"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A zone is a family of faces of a polyhedron that are all parallel to a given direction in space, called the zone axis.
- A zone is a contiguous portion of the domain namespace for which a DNS server has authority to resolve DNS queries.
- A zone is a logical group of networks.
- A zone is a loop of faces connected by opposite (parallel) sides.
- A zone is a partition of Euclidean space into mutually-parallel lines.
- Only a third party agreed to by Egypt and Israel will enter and conduct inspections within the perimeters of technical installations in the buffer zone.
- This area serves as a buffer zone, should the first gate be breached.
- This was partly to develop the region but also to provide a buffer zone between the Russians and the Mongol hordes to the east.
- The zone stretches along the northern border of Israel and straddles the westward bend of the Litani River.
- Israel says its allied militia in Lebanon, the South Lebanon Army (SLA), has withdrawn from a base in the central sector of its security zone.
- An agreement to establish a demilitarized zone between Israel and Syria was signed on July 20, 1949, but border clashes continued.
- It's all right to wire the industrial zone only, but there are many problems if other regions of the North are wired," Kim told Roh, according to Yonhap.
- The Center is made up of Zone A, B, C, and D, the surrounding of which is decorated with arts and crafts from all regions of Thailand.
- The pelagic part of the aphotic zone can be further divided into regions that succeed each other vertically according to temperature.
- The last major earthquake at the Cascadia subduction zone was the 1700 Cascadia earthquake, estimated to have a magnitude of 8.7 to 9.2.
- We estimated that we needed to examine at lest 1,000 adults per zone.
- An estimated 1,200 km (750 mi) of faultline slipped about 15 m (50 ft) along the subduction zone where the India Plate dives under the Burma Plate.
- When Acetobacter colonies form enough acetic acid from the ethanol, the calcium carbonate around the colonies dissolves, forming a very distinct clear zone.
- The pressure of the impinging plates could only be relieved by thrusting skyward, contorting the collision zone, and forming the jagged Himalayan peaks.
- As oceanic crust spreads away from the ridge it gets older, colder and starts to sink, forming a subduction zone.
- The two were complementary because possession of the zone could not be won quickly unless Berlin was taken.
- In response Stalin blockaded Berlin, which was deep within the Soviet zone, although subject to the control of all four major powers.
- The city of Berlin, though lying in the Soviet zone, was partitioned among the four Allies as well, with West Berlin being controlled by the Western allies.
- It descends below the asthenosphere, a zone of partial melting of the crust.
- Diorite results from partial melting of a mafic rock above a subduction zone.
- However, those magmas also contribute to the weakness of the zone, affecting the rheological properties of the rocks.
- Plate tectonic mechanisms move rocks throughout the crust, so even sedimentary and metamorphic rocks can become melted again in a subduction zone.
- They almost all live in the intertidal zone, among rocks and corals.
- It forms a subduction zone along the border with the Bird's Head Plate and the Woodlark Plate to the south.
- Uijeongbu is a fairly large city north of Seoul, If I drive north one hour, I'd be looking at the demilitarized zone, the border with North Korea.
- Residents of border areas in both Azerbaijan and Iran travel across the border in this restricted zone without visas.
- Hosts assigned to this zone can be reached from the internal network and from the Internet, but cannot access the internal network.
- If access to any network in a zone is denied, access to that zone is also denied by default.
- A free-trade zone is a part of an AppleTalk internet that is accessible by two other parts of the internet, neither of which can access the other.
- To deny access to all networks in a zone if access to one of those networks is denied, use the no form of this command.
- ZIP is used by NBP to determine which networks contain nodes that belong to a zone.
- A Demilitarized Zone or DMZ is a network segment that is separated from other networks.
- The Transition Zone is a discontinuous escarpment belt formed through erosion of the ancient massif, which runs more or less parallel to the coast.
- This fault zone contains many large and small faults running parallel and at odd angles to one another.
- So we can see that the faces in a zone need not intersect at all, as long as they are all parallel to the same line in space.
- The East London Line is the only line not to enter Travelcard Zone 1.
- Line B is drawn about.5-1 cm behind Line A. It is the anterior border of the defined zone.
- In the east rift zone, lava flowed from the TEB vent through tubes to feed one ocean entry and no surface flows.
- Aerial view of a lava lake atop the Kupaianaha vent on the east rift zone of Kilauea Volcano For other uses, see Lava (disambiguation).
- Lava continues to erupt from the east rift zone and flow through tubes towards the coast.
- The team was not able to forecast the date of the next eruption and the force exerted by the magma into the rift zone has largely decreased since 2006.
- In 1986, the eruption migrated 3 km down the east rift zone to build a broad shield, Kupaianaha, which fed lava to the coast for the next 5.5 years.
- Eruptive fissure high on the northeast rift zone of Mauna Loa about 10 hours after the eruption started in Moku`aweoweo Caldera (top left).
- The Safety Zone is being implemented in response to recent eruptions from the Augustine Volcano.
- In 1977, the band changed its name to Anzen Chitai ("Safety Zone"), and Kazuyoshi Tamaki left the group to be replaced by Ichiji Ohira.
- Port Chicago was bought out and demolished by the Federal Government to form a safety zone near the Naval Weapons Station loading docks.
- As you'll recall, zone transfers are how DNS updates are propagated through the network from the primary DNS to all of the secondary DNS.
- Phase 2 supports multiple logical networks on a single physical network and allows networks to be in more than one zone.
- DNS2 successfully accepts zone transfers from DNS1. All client computers on your network are DHCP clients.
- A zone contains information that defines mappings between domain names and IP addresses and other resources, organized in form of resource records (RR).
- Zone files contain domain names, their associated name server names and the IP addresses for those name servers.
- Each zone file contains a list of DNS records with mappings between domain names and IP addresses.
- In general suitable operating conditions for the alkylation reaction zone include a temperature of from about -50.degree.
- Think of it as controlling your heating and cooling the same way you control your lights - a thermostat controls each zone to the temperature you choose.
- Mapping this zone gives clues about the temperature and melt content in the asthenosphere.
- During 5-11 May HVO reported that activity at Kilauea continued at the summit and the east rift zone.
- This eruption originated at the summit and, within a few hours, migrated to the northeast rift zone.
- Within hours, the summit activity stopped and lava began erupting from a series of vents along the northeast rift zone.
- Zone 1 on the lava flow hazard map for Mauna Loa includes the summit region and the recently active parts of the rift zones.
- The eruption lasted five days producing lava fountains, cascades of lava into Halemaumau, flows which crossed the road, and new cracks in the rift zone.
- The East Rift Zone of Kilauea Volcano is an area that has seen most of the recent lava activity on the Island of Hawai'i.
- Forechecking Checking in the offensive zone in order to gain control of the puck and set up a scoring opportunity.
- Meanwhile, British and French troops, the ultimatum to Israel and Egypt having been ignored as expected, were busy trying to take control of the canal zone.
- Damper - Found at the exit point of ductwork, this plate usually contains grates that can be opened or closed to control the flow of air into a zone.
- This zone of weak material exists below a depth of about 100 kilometers and in some regions extends as deep as 700 kilometers.
- Magma is generated east of the subduction zone, where subducted material reaches a depth at which it melts.
- The heat source is magma at depth in the fracture zone along the line of the East Kamchatka Volcanic Belt.
- Individual plutons are crystallized from magma that traveled toward the surface from a zone of partial melting near the base of the Earth's crust.
- The surface layer, extending to about 200m in depth, is known as the epipelagic (or photic) zone.
- That zone of the earth's mantle which lies beneath the relatively rigid lithosphere, between 50 and 300 km below the surface.
- If the kick returner catches the ball in his own end zone, he can either run with the ball, or elect for a touchback by kneeling in the end zone.
- A safety is a rare event occurring when a player causes the ball to become dead in his own end zone.
- Minnesota defender Matt Blair burst through the line to block the punt, and Terry Brown recovered the ball in the end zone for touchdown.
- Zone File: A file that contains data describing a portion of the domain name space.
- In one technique a lights distillation is used to recover a portion of the unreacted benzene contained in the effluent from an alkylation reaction zone.
- The aphotic zone generally underlies the photic zone, which is that portion of the ocean directly affected by sunlight.
- Trenches and active subduction zones are found along much of the Ring of Fire, a zone of volcanism and earthquake activity that borders the Pacific ocean.
- Many active volcanoes are in the Ring of Fire, a zone of seismic and volcanic activity that encircles the Pacific Ocean.
- Indonesia is on the Pacific Ocean's ``Ring of Fire,'' a zone of active volcanoes and tectonic plates.
- The Ring of Fire is a zone of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that encircles the basin of the Pacific Ocean.
- Deactivation of catalyst is accompanied by a displacement of the zone in which the reaction takes place along the catalyst bed.
- Benzene is supplied to the transalkylation reaction zone through line 18.
- The rise lies in part under the Gulf of California and is offset along the San Andreas Fault zone under southern California.
- Aerial view, looking north toward San Francisco, of Crystal Springs Reservoir, which follows the San Andreas fault zone.
- A well-known example of such a transform-fault boundary is the San Andreas Fault zone.
- The San Andreas fault zone is a transform boundary between two tectonic plates, the North America plate and the Pacific plate.
- An example of this is the San Andreas fault zone in southern California where the North American plate is sliding past the Pacific plate.
- California is famous for earthquakes along the San Andreas Fault zone but there is another type of plate boundary where large earthquakes occur.
- The scientists, who began drilling in 2004, finally entered the fault zone about two miles below the surface of the Earth on Tuesday.
- The second observatory is located in the fault zone that is the boundary between the subducting Pacific Plate and the upper North American Plate.
- This angled section will actually pierce the fault zone and wind up embedded in the North American Plate about two miles below the surface.
- The first kind of data held in sets called zones; each zone is the complete database for a particular "pruned" subtree of the domain space.
- The process can be conducted in a single reaction zone or a number of reaction zones arranged in series or in parallel.
- The region where these two zones meet is called the marginal zone.
- Alkylation reaction zone effluent in line 16 passes to flash zone 170.
- Flashing also typically lowers the temperature of the alkylation reaction zone effluent.
- The isomerization reaction zone effluent typically contains a mixture of isoparaffins and normal paraffins.
- Thus, the isomerization feed may contain normal paraffin or isoparaffin recycled from the effluent of the isomerization reaction zone.
- Normal paraffins pass to the isomerization reaction zone.
- In FIG. 2, the isomerization reaction zone effluent flows to depropanizer 90 instead of to stabilizer 120.
- The butenes stream are combined and passed to an alkylation zone where it is alkylated with isobutane.
- The alkylation zone is ordinarily operated to obtain an essentially complete conversion of the alkylating agent to monoalkylate and polyalkylate.
- This allows for control of the total olefin in the alkylation zone and eliminates the very undesirable higher olefins.
- Transalkylation is a slower reaction which occurs both in the alkylation zone and in the remainder of the catalyst bed.
- The alkylation zone 4 is operated at temperature and pressure conditions to maintain the alkylation reaction in the supercritical phase, i.e.
- The polyethylbenzenes formed can be recycled to the alkylation zone, where they undergo transalkylation with benzene to produce more ethylbenzene.
- If the TTL value is not present, the DNS server sets the value to the TTL specified in the SOA (Start of Authority) record of the zone.
- When a name server loads a zone, it forces the TTL of all authoritative RRs to be at least the MINIMUM field of the SOA, here 86400 seconds, or one day.
- The MINIMUM value in the SOA should be used to set a floor on the TTL of data distributed from a zone.
- SOA - Start of Authority record defines the authoritative server and parameters for the DNS zone.
- The DNS records for your domain are kept on your hosting server in the place called DNS zone.
- When you enable mail service in the control panel, an MX record is created automatically in the DNS zone.
- A separator receives the effluent from the alkylation reaction zone and removes water from a sidecut of unreacted aromatic feed.
- But need for the Litani River made Israel establish a security zone which secured access to the water.
- The planet is orbiting in the middle of the habitable zone of the red dwarf star Gliese 581, which means it could have water on its surface.
- CAPILLARY FRINGE —(1) The zone at the bottom of the Zone of Aeration (Vadose Zone) where ground water is drawn upward by capillary force.
- The top part of the earth between the surface and the water table is called the vadose zone.
- A perched water table (or perched aquifer) is an aquifer that occurs above the regional water table, in the vadose zone.
- Chabahar (in Persian چابهار), previously also Bandar Beheshti, is an Iranian city and a free port (Free Trade Zone) on the coast of the Gulf of Oman.
- So far, as the only Free Trade Zone in Zhejiang Province, Ningbo Free Trade Zone is among the regions with the highest level of openness in Mainland China.
- Batam is an industrialized island situated near Singapore that plans to become a Free Trade Zone (FTZ) area in the near future.
- German and Italian forces occupied all of France, including the "Vichy" zone, following the Allied invasion of North Africa in November 1942.
- Stalin agreed to give France a zone but it had to come from the American or British zones and not the Soviet zone.
- Britain and France would then demand that both Israel and Egypt withdraw from the canal zone.
- After the defeat of France by Germany in June 1940, France was divided into an occupied zone and unoccupied zone, with Provence in the unoccupied zone.
- In November 1942, in response to allied landings in North Africa, the Germans invaded the unoccupied zone of France.
- In October 1940, German authorities deported about 7,500 Jews from southwestern Germany across the border into the unoccupied zone of France.
- Benioff zone A dipping planar (flat) zone of earthquakes that is produced by the interaction of a downgoing oceanic crustal plate with a continental plate.
- A Wadati-Benioff zone (also Benioff-Wadati zone or Benioff zone) is a deep active seismic area in a subduction zone.
- This region, called the "Benioff Zone", is used to locate the subducting plate, as shown for the case of Japan on the left-hand side of Figure 2.
* Central Zone
* Collision Zone
* Dead Zone
* Defensive Zone
* Demilitarized Zone
* Dns Zone
* Fault Zone
* Internet Zone
* Metcard Ticketing Zone
* Neutral Zone
* Subducting Slab
* Subduction Zone
* Time Zone
* Time Zones
* Transition Zone
* Travelcard Zone
* Twilight Zone
Books about "Zone" in